Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dream A Little Dream

In a lot of ways, I am not like other people. I realize this, but at the same time, I think there are some universal quirks that unite people the world over... like eating the cheese that gets stuck to the wrapper of your cheeseburger. Obviously, I'm not the only one that does this, as one of the fast food chains just had a commercial on it. The thing is that before this commercial, I felt self-conscious about it. Because there's the cheese on the paper looking so edible but if I pick it off and eat it in public, will I look weird?! Now I won't feel so bad about doing it.

I want to see if one of my own personal little quirks might not only be mine. Maybe other people do this, too. I have weird little habits where if they aren't done properly, I don't feel comfortable. I guess you could say it's like I am putting a little order and structure to my everyday life in the most ridiculous ways. The volume for any electronic device must be on an even number or a number divided by five. Silly, right?

One of the biggest quirks is dreaming. Not dreaming itself, but the way in which I dream. I can't just have a dream. It HAS to make sense. If there is absolutely no logic in my dream, I will wake up pissed off, revise it and go back to sleep with the revision in my head, awaiting me to dream a little more. If I do manage to dream a dream that doesn't make sense without waking up, I consider it a fluff dream, like eating cotton candy for dinner.

Val Kilmer and Ryan Phillippe popped in my head last week. I was walking around the mall holding Ryan's hand, while casually looking over and flirting with Val, who was sitting in the food court. Why in the hell would they be in a mall in my hometown, first of all... and second, why am I holding Ryan Phillippe's hand, as if we are a couple? And why am I nineteen in this dream!? Ok, REVISE! ... Hm... well, it IS a dream, so we'll keep the nineteen part. That makes sense because I wasn't married to Chris then, so I'm not cheating in my dream. Val and Ryan perhaps are shooting a movie in my hometown, so that makes a little more sense, but they'd never be in a mall so.... ok, location change. We're now in a ritzy hotel lobby. There we go, this dream is working out a bit more now. *Back to sleep*

Tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Actually, Ari, there is a process for this that I haven't ever tried but it sounds like what you are already doing. Lucid dreaming or something like that. It's where you are supposedly able to "direct" your dreams.

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate when I have dreams that aren't "normal"..Like one time, i had a dream that my best friend josh drove a self propelled car--WTF?! That's NOT REAL. So I "re-dreamed" and the result was a car that was driven BY him. ha ha.

Strange characters, we are!
Have a good week!



ps: i eat the cheese off the cardboard pizza box & wrappers too! ha ha.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home