Monday, June 11, 2007

This Shit Only Happens To Me, I Swear

My Chris comes home, bares his chest and declares that he is going to mow the lawn. Ya know, to get a suntan and all that. There are easier ways to get a suntan, but he's a definite multitasker. And I am lazy. He begins mowing the lawn, while I decide to be a smartass. My plan is to go sit in the hammock while he mows the lawn. It is the easiest way to irritate him for sure.

The thing that I am not thinking about is the fact that we never did bring that hammock in for the winter. All winter long, it sat in the cold and rain, the rope becoming tired and worn. I sit down lazily smiling to myself. Truth be told, I actually do get in a few good swings before I hear, RRRRRIIIIIIIIIP!

"Oh shit."

I look up to see a hole just above where my head is. My first thought is: Damn, he's gonna be pissed. My second thought is: Oh holy hell, it's still ripping. I squirm, trying to wrangle myself out of the ropes, but they only seem to keep me in. At this point, my feet and head are high in the air, while my ass drags, barely brushing the ground with each gentle sway. This is about the time where I start giggling, because I can only imagine what the neighbors think.

I realize that I can't make it up on my own, so I signal to Chris. The problem is that he is on the other side of the lawn with the lawnmower muting any sound I make. So my ass sits there for about five minutes while he works his way over to me. The entire time, my ass sinks further and further to the ground. By the time he pushes the mower past me, he only sees my fingers and toes wriggling. He thinks to himself: Now, that doesn't look right. He stops the mower and casually strolls over to have a look. His hands rest on his hips as he looks down on me.

"What are you doing?"

What am I doing? Oh well, that can be answered simply. I merely wanted to check the courseness of the pavement on my ass. Surely this is the best way to achieve that. What am I doing?! Hello!

"Help me, Chris, I've fallen and I can't get up," I gasp in between laughter.

"Only you can get stuck in a hammock," he replies.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jod{i} said...

LOL THat is rich...thanks for the chuckle this morn Ari!

Hey, as a side note: Here in CT the legislature passed a law last week, no protest allowed at funerals...
A soldier was to be buried and you know who was throwing out the propganda...
I thought of you and Chrsi(on the good end of this little blurb...)
Peace

Hope you're not bruise on your tush!
;)

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha.
i'm sorry, i'm not laughing at you,
really, i swear! ha ha ha.
thanks for the laugh this morning :]

6:12 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

It sounds like it could be an "I Love Lucy" moment. Are you sure you weren't practicing for your own TV show. Heh!



Only you can prevent Hammock accidents. LOL

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Hon, you are the best you know that? Can't stop giggling now!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let Karma get lost on this. lol

2:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I read this the night you wrote and I guess that I was so tickled that I didn't even comment. I had the total visual of this from Chris' shirt ripping open to you with the proverbial "ass in a sling".

Thank you for sharing your pain and embarrassment to give us all a chuckle;)

Rock on Ari

11:22 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Every time that I think about the opening of this entry, I picture Chris looking like the scottish groundskeeper from The Simpsons. He rips his shirt of several times when there's work to be done.

oh...btw....it seems that you have been tagged;)

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home