Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Respect Mah Authoritah, Even When I'm On The Toilet

And that concludes the longest title ever.

Heheh, kidding. I've totally made longer ones.

Wanna see how many one-liners I can get in this entry?

*****************
I was minding my own business in the kitchen, when I realized that the dishwasher needed to be cleared out. Tch, fine. So I began the process of organizing the dishes to be put away, stacking plates, that sort of thing. Kade's job is to put away all the pots, pans and utensils. I put away all that is breakable. It's a good situation for the both of us; it works well.
So I tell Kade, "Put these away, put that away, blah blah..."
Suddenly I feel the need to GO. Now after nine months of Kade sleeping on my bladder while I was pregnant with him, when I feel the need to go, it is directly proportional to the exact moment that I NEED TO GO. Apparently my brain receives the "pee" signal a little late, giving me mere moments to get to the john. Usually this is fine and dandy, unless you are riding with me down highway 55 and I've just told you I need to go AFTER we've already passed any near gas stations. Then... not so good. But I digress, because I can still make it. I can hold forever. I refuse to pee myself.
Anyway, I run to bathroom in the middle of my dishwasher instructions. This does not stop me from giving said instructions all the while I am in the midst of sitting on the john. Our downstairs bathroom is right off the kitchen, so he can hear me fine.
Chris walks in, hears me yelling out instructions to a child who is putting the dishes away by himself, mind you, and says to the child, "Are you going to let her talk to you that way?!"
And the child, all-knowing and brilliant that he is, gives his father a crazy look and says incredulously, "Yes, I am."
I laughed so hard that I totally peed. But it was okay, cuz I was on the john.

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily Suess said...

Haha! I'm laughing so hard I need to get to the john.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

Ari, you are my kind of mom! (I do the same thing.) It redefines "potty mouth."

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing better than good training. You are so good of a parent that you can even "potty train."

Galen and I, we got a million of 'em! :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your posts are as refreshing as that moment when you finally "let the levee break" after holding the waters back for too long;)

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha.
i totally needed to read that tonight!
have a good weekend! ♥

8:41 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

This is my guffaw of the day. LOL

7:52 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

This post has been nominated for Hot Stuff Of The Week by our readers. Congrats! And good luck in the voting.

Stu
GNMParents

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Tee hee!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home