Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ho Freakin' Ho

I did not send out Christmas cards this year. I am a month behind on sending out the birthday cards for the month of December for my church. I did not get to shop for my son. My Chris bought his presents. I, on the other hand, was working my tail off, including two 12 hour days back to back.

Hello, My name is Ari and I'm about to lose my sanity. No, I do not know where anything is. No, I do not know the prices. I'm fairly sure I missed at least one of my breaks each day. I've cried over pull lists and I've sulked over cycle counts. Welcome to the clusterfuck that is backstock. I cannot do anymore. I am now taking these next two days off, where I shall do nothing except tend to my wounded toe, whose nail is threatening to come right off. Somehow, I shall just have to manage with the blisters. I never did like these feet anyway.

I am positive that it was a nervous breakdown earlier this week. But thanks to two special people, I managed to drudge through it. And I am very thankful. If it weren't for those two, I know that had one of the managers said ANYTHING to me, I'd have lost my job. We all know my temper. And yet, as I left to go home, I walked passed one of the managers, whose eyes were red and I knew, she was about to breakdown, too. I patted her arm, gave her nod to let her know I knew what she was going through.

The thing is that I really do enjoy this job. Even if it is a complete and utter bastard at times. Anyway, bear with me if your present is late. Bear with me if I seem vacant. Even though I am here about to celebrate the holidays, in my mind, I am on a tropical beach somewhere enjoying the breeze.

6 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

I hope your toe gets better. Around this time things get rough, and you want to just scream. It gets like that with me too sometimes. Today was an easy Christmas Eve, compaired to the last, there wasn't as many, "What time is your store open to" calls. You know what the best part is, I got a free shrimp platter ($30 worth) There are some advantages working at a grocery store.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas Ari, and that you get some rest on your days off.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I hope you had a lovely Christmas hon!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Okay, if you and OMZ don't come back, I am going to start singing. I'm a horrible singer.

IiIiiiIIII MisSsSSs YOoouUUuuu.

Where have you two went to?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG....for the love of god.....PLEASE COME BACK. Have you ever heard Charles sing???? LOL

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is January 6th. That alone tells you how freak'in far behind on everything I am. I hope your toe is better.

Stop singing, Charles!

Enjoy the tropical breeze, my friend. Make sure Cabana Boy puts a frilly mini-umbrella in your drinky. It really does make everything better.
Judith

7:13 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

OMG! I can't imagine what retail goes through during the holidays. Though, I did send out Christmas cards this year, there's been years in my recent past that I totally and purposing neglected to send any. Christmas has gotten totally out of hand, the purpose is totally lost in all this hoop-la of buying gifts. This year, I bought a little something for my son, my parents and my guy. I didn't go all out as I have in the past. Keep it simple, was my motto. Next year, Mexico is calling me. Hope you enjoyed your time off with your family at Christmas.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home