Monday, December 11, 2006

Adventures of Ari

Chapter Two: The Master and the Apprentice
This morning found me warping down a path at breakneck speed in order to find facility that would begin my training. I expected a Kung Fu warrior to greet me, then test me at every turn to be sure that I am capable. And I am, you know. I am capable. But alas, I was met with a group of counterparts that eyed me suspiciously, as I was dressed in the same uniform as they. A shy, soft-spoken woman welcomed me in. I learned she was to be the one to train me.
Now, of all the teachers or masters in this universe, I had not expected to find one so... pleasant. She swiftly, yet softly guided me through. I can say with all confidence, that I have the hearing of a ninety year old woman, so there were constant interruptions from me that went something like, "What? Say that again. Huh? What did you say?" Not once did she break. Oh, this one was quite the patient one.
And so it began. I would break her. It was a game really. She would wait with limitless patience as I took the "gun" with the laser and aimed it at various things. She didn't even bat an eyelash when I "zapped" a few things that weren't supposed to be zapped. She never broke form. I messed with the gun, while she explained that I needn't hold it so close to an object in order to hit it. I disagreed. Unfortunately, she was right, so I amused myself by zapping far away objects. After awhile, the "gun" began to show signs of use, it grew tired of me and quit working. I looked at her to get angry, but all she said was, "That's all right. We can do it all manually."
"Manually?! Pffft, that sounds like work!" I baited.
She countered me with a blank smile. Nothing worked and I began to grow frustrated. Finally at lunch, I decided to stick with my tried and true form and threw a joke into the room. I watched as the joke wafted around before settling square on her shoulders. Then it happened, she suddenly began smiling. Before I knew it, she began laughing uproariously.
"See? I bet you thought today would be a drag," I said.
"Actually, it's going by really fast," she said.
"Yeah, before you know it, I'll be out of here and then you'll be stuck with no one to talk to about abs of steel."
This brought on another round of laughter. I consider that one overtime. Oh yeah, my job here is done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Are you learning Price Disapline/price control? You know hanging tags and scanning the aisle to make sure an items are scanning at the sale price?

Curious?

Just about everyone hates me at work, because I keep at an arms length. Well except for some of the people at the desk. So if they ever hear a joke from me, everyone seems shocked.

What was the joke?

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home