Monday, November 13, 2006

Deja Vu

I keep seeing rave reviews for Borat, which I have no inclination to see whatsoever. Looks like nothing more than an Andy Kaufman rip-off to me, but whatever. Not only that, but don't we already have enough prank shows? Then there's Superman, which will probably be getting to dvd sometime soon. Honestly... people have tried, but no one plays Superman better than Christopher Reeves, so why bother?

How many Poseidon Adventures can one watch before going insane? Why must it be remade five thousand times?

Double that with the amount of sequels being made, movies made from books or games and a trip to the video store will suddenly turn into a severe case of deja vu. Why can't anyone be original anymore?! Is that so hard? Is it really so hard to come up with an original thought?

Oh and btw, I don't care how big of a fan any one of you are of Johnny Depp, but he SUCKED ASS as Willy Wonka. In fact, that whole remake sucked donkey balls. Gene Wilder, I am so sorry, hon. Please come out of retirement to bitchslap Depp. Please. I also give you persmission to kick Tim Burton in the nuts. And while you're at it, you might as well punch Paul Anderson. He had nothing to do with the Willy Wonka remake, but I still haven't forgiven him for the disasters that are the Resident Evil movies.

The Wild? You know, I already invested all my energy into Finding Nemo. I'm not about to be excited about trying to find a character from a movie that not only rips off Nemo, but rips off Madagascar, as well. LAME.

But you know what would really piss me off? They better NEVER remake A Christmas Story, or Ari's gonna have to choke someone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tigger said...

LOL... I heard that people were suing Borat. Already. I saw the trailers for it and was so unimpressed. No way will I ever spend money on that movie. I hear you, no original ideas in Hollywood anymore. Sad really. Tawnya

10:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What about the movie Deja Vu???? ha ha ha :x

Chris
My Blog

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gene Wilder rules!!!!!
J~

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate hate hate hate Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. Always have, always will. It scares the piss out of me, those little oompa loompa men running around -shivers-..And yet I agree--There are too many sequels & redo's out there!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few things. Gene Wilder does indeed rule and rock and is TEH WONKA. Borat sucks due to being unoriginal, rude and pointless. Its like Michael Moore in slapstick, so irritating plus unfunny.
As for remakes, if they EVER redo its a wonderful life and screw up 'I don't have your money, its in Bills house and Georges house' and besmirch my main man Jimmy S then I will get really mad.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has there EVER been a remake that was better than the original? Maybe Seabiscuit.

1:51 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

I'm with you, Gene Wilder is the Wonka King! We saw Stanger Than Life this weekend, not bad, I liked it, and I can't stand Will Farrell.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home