Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Pampers

We sat in our muppet positions, side by side on the loveseat. I sat cross-legged, while he was reclined in a more laid-back state. The truth is that I am far more laid-back than he is, while he has a more go-get-'em attitude. So it's strange that we should sit that way, yet we do. I leaned in poised to make a smart-ass comment on whatever flashed across the tv next. A diaper commercial came on. I watched as a mother lovingly nuzzled her baby...

I remember when I used to do that with Kade. I remember when I'd kiss the bottom of his feet, tickling him in the process. I remember his baby smell. I remember making him laugh, his baby giggle surprising himself as it came out. I miss that.

"I still want a baby," I murmured.

"Add twenty years to your life, Ari. That's what we'd be doing."

He's rather blunt, but he's right. We are in no position to be having a child at this time. I just started working again. Not only that but I could not emotionally take another pregnancy. I hate that I was the one that suggested the vasectomy. No babies for us. But those damn diaper commercials... they get me everytime.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tigger said...

I am sorry hon.... I know how you feel, sometimes I want another.... Tawnya

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, hon.
I'm sorry.
xox ♥

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaw hon yeah, those commercials are just heart-tuggers.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

One of my aunts once said something similar to my mom, when I was a teen. My mom had just had my youngest sister, and my aunt said she wished she could have another baby.

The difference is that she said that once it got bigger, she'd give it back. LOL

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hell....I'll be 49 when Trevor graduates high school.

I never wanted to be the "old dad".

Chris
My Blog

10:33 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

{{{{{Ari}}}}}

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home