Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Story Meme

I'm totally late with this, but in my defense, I had to babysit a little one for the past two days. Anyway, I have been tagged with a story meme. Click here to go to Charles' blog to read the first part of it.

*******************
Jaime tried to open his eyes. His mind whirled in a sluggish state of confusion. What had just happened? His eyes opened to utter darkness. He shook his head in disbelief when he saw this void. Where was the street? Where were the shops and vendors? Where was he?
Suddenly, a small speck of light appeared before his eyes. Slowly, ever so slowly, it became larger and larger, until Jaime could make out its appearance. A woman? No... It's head appeared human, although it's head was down, blocking the view. Jaime noticed long legs nestled beneath. The most striking aspect of its appearance was that it had wings where arms should be. It's color reminded Jaime of the beautiful cerulean blue of the sea.
Slowly, it lifted it's head. It let out a shrill eagle-like cry that hurt Jaime's ears. Then, it looked directly at him and said, "You are not ready yet." Jaime felt a sudden push. His body tumbled backwards, before everything went dark again.
He peeped one eye open, as he propped his fallen body up by the elbow. Startled, he glanced around to find a cobblestone street with many different people walking about. He didn't recognize this street at all. Where was he? And the bird-woman, was this all a dream?
"Oi, kid, outta the way!" a deep male voice boomed.
"Shhh, be nice. You'll scare him!" this voice was much softer.
Jaime picked himself up off the street. He saw a tough guy dressed in a leather duster. Next to him was a smaller pixie-like girl in a tiny pink dress.
"Hi, I'm Doji!" the pixie-girl exclaimed, grabbing Jaime's hand, "And this is Le Sharc."
She pointed to the tough guy, who gave a small salute.
"Uh... hi, I'm Jaime," he responded.
"Jaime? What kind of a name is that?" Doji wondered, "Well, Jaime, let's be going. There's lots to do and we don't have much time."
"What do you mean?" Jaime asked.
"Celeste sent us. We need to hurry if we're to help you with your journey," Doji explained.
"Who is Celeste?" Jaime scratched his head.
"Did he hit his head or something?" Le Sharc wondered.
"You know, Celeste!! Oh come on, you don't know? She's a Watcher from the skies," Doji looked at him curiously, "You really don't know?"
"The bird woman?"
"Yes! Celeste," Doji exclaimed, "Now let's get going. We have to hurry if we're going to buy the Jewel of the Sea. Tell me you have money..."
Jaime remembered the coin. He looked down to see it was still firmly within his grasp. He eyed both Doji and Le Sharc. Who were these people? What were they all about? He didn't have time to think of much else, as Doji grabbed his hand and yanked him down the street. After much tugging and pulling, Jaime finally yanked his hand away.
"Now wait just a minute! What is going on here? Where is my home? My mother? Where am I? What journey are you talking about? I'm not going anywhere until you start answering me, " Jaime cried.
"Do you always let them talk to you this way, Doji?" a voice from behind Jaime asked.
Jaime turned around to see a man dressed completely in black.
"Who're you?!"
"That's Amor, Lord of Brutte," Doji sighed, turning her attention to the man in black, "Are you gonna help us get this kid going or what?"
Amor arrogantly leaned closer, "I suppose I could help... but you owe me one, Doji."
"Enough, already," Le Sharc ordered, "Move it, kid!"
And with that, Jaime found himself in strange company in a world he'd never seen...
I hereby tag Doji...er I mean, Jodi!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jod{i} said...

Oh Coo!
Ari that is great!!!!!!!!!

And funny thing is, people(very few) call me that!or Idoj(ee-da-j) LOL, long story...I wore a name badge upside down for the longest time, when I was hash slinger...(okay pizza really but hash sounds better!)

Peace
On it!!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Ari, that was great. I was in awe of your part in this story. Smiling away. I just figured out who Amor is.(LOL) I hope for a happy ending. Hmm, I never thought that far. Will there be an ending.....

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rocks, pure and simple, you are so damn good with the stories girl

10:05 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Okay I came back because I just figured out who Le Sharc is. I love anagrams.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! This looks like fun :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Whore you?

Ooooooh there was an apostrophe in there....for a second I thought Idoj was a pimp for Amor:)

Chris
My Blog

6:01 PM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

I zee zat I must unleash my wrath upon someone. Since when I got the meme tag.

Eet ees on now!

Zut alors!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home