Saturday, April 15, 2006

Make me feel better, please

I'm still sick. I don't have the sinus infection anymore, but I think I have some sort of intestinal flu. Ick. I think if I could just throw up once, I'd feel so much better. I hate sitting around feeling nauseous. The worst thing is that I have so much to do today. Ugh.

Being that I haven't really done anything except lay around, watching movies, I thought I'd review a few I've seen.

Wolf Creek: Starts out extremely slow, then really doesn't go anywhere afterwards. Oh sure, there are a few gross out scenes that make you feel icky, but other than that, I'd pass on this one. Kind of lame, actually.

Cry Wolf: This is less slasher flick and more psychological thriller. It's not what I expected, it's better. It's a little different, but worth it. Nothing is what it seems. Oh and Jon Bon Jovi is in it, so yeah, there's eye candy for ya.

King Kong: This is another movie that starts out really slow. In fact, I'm sure Jackson could have cut an hour out of this movie and it wouldn't have lost anything. It's so long, but once the action picks up, it doesn't stop. I didn't really have that much enthusiasm going into this movie, but I have to say, it did it's job. I was entertained for three hours.

Chronicles of Narnia: Good kid film. My son actually sat through and watched the entire thing. That's huge, since he usually can't sit still long enough to watch a full-length movie. Usually, he'd give up and run outside to play, but he stuck it through with this one.

Kingdom Hearts II: Not a movie, but a game. I hate the beginning of this game. But once you finally get the main character, it picks up. I don't think it's going to be as good as the first, but so far it's still fun.

In a couple of days, Hostel comes out on dvd. Can't wait to see it. Also, Aeon Flux comes out later in the month. If I'm still sick, chances are my butt's going to be on the couch watching that one. I think the couch is starting to get Ari butt marks on there. I wish I could just feel normal. Such nice weather and I can't even enjoy it. The sad thing is that the employees of the local video store are beginning to know me by name. That's pathetic.

8 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Kingdom Hearts II.... wanting it... looking at it everytime I go by the games dept in ANY store...LOVED the first one... So, why am I not sitting here and playing it??? Well, when G. went up to start his new job while I spend the next few weeks here finishing out our lease and packing, he TOOK THE PS2 WITH HIM!!! Bad G... very bad G! {sigh} Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and get it for my birthday now....{LOL}

12:42 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

{oops} Forgot to say the reason I was making a comment cause I got sidetracked with the whole 'I want Kingdom HeartsII' thing.... Hope you are feeling better soon! Although, I gotta say sitting on the couch and watching movies sounds pretty good, and I'm not even sick ;)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

King Kong rocks. I love the bug attack scene, creepy. You are right about the beginning being slow.

The Chronicles of Narnia was great too. We saw it in the theater and got the DVD. We went with the cheaper set for $14.99 since we never watch those bonus DVD's anyway.
Hope you're feeling better!

Chris

1:38 PM  
Blogger journally yours, gem said...

Hi Ari,
Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Easter.
Gem :-)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

feel better and thank you for the reviews. Do you need some chicken soup? judi

2:48 PM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

Soup. And I do hope you're feeling better. I'm now singing the song on your journal...thanks

7:04 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Oh gosh! I hope you're feeling better!!! Being sick is no fun. Get well.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Prom said...

King Kong was LONG!! Some movies can be good but when they are so long I lose interest. Maybe I'm ADD.

Sick of me yet? lol

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home