Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm 19 + 10

I am no longer 28. I am now 29. I woke up today and my age changed. That's all fine and dandy, except I woke up with the knowledge that kids born in 1986 are now 20. Scary.

I'm at the end of the twenties. I'd like to say that in my thirties, I will no longer wear sweats. I will wear nice suits and dress up each day. But the truth is I probably won't. I'm not really scared of turning thirty, but knowing that I'm at the end of my twenties is kind of sad. Like an end of an era for me. But then again, each ending is a new beginning.

It's ma friggin' birthday. It's David Letterman's birthday, too. Maybe I'll catch his show later on tonight. Wow, I'm boring myself here. When did I get boring? Damn. That sneaks up on ya. Like age. I'm getting old. That's all right. I'll rock this place old fogey-style. Live it up. Or maybe... I'll go back to bed. I'm still tired. Yeah, that sounds good.

Aahhh, birthday naps are the best.

9 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ari! (I had to add the extra happy, because I wanted to say something different than Stephaine.) LOL

You know its funny when people (including me) wonder(ed) if things are/were going to change once they hit the 3-0. It doesn't, and I guarantee you will wake up next year this time, and realize that you are still you. You can wear your sweat pants (in my case blue jeans and bright colored shirts). I'm not going to change myself just because of the "status quo" for aging, and neither should you. Happy 29th birthday Ari, and have a good one.

P.S. I am approaching 31 this year (on fathers day of all holidays), and people still think I look like I am under 21. Go figure! It's a good thing, it’s a good thing! LOL

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! hehehehe, rock on, happy birthday hon!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's a good one! I'm in my 40's and still wear my jeans and T-shirts and do the same things I've always done. Age is just a number (and a state of mind {g})

4:01 PM  
Blogger Tawnya said...

Happy Birthday!!! And I understand how you feel about 29. I didn't freak over 30, but I kind of had a mini freak over 29. I am outta here today, I will see ya when I get back. Tawnya

6:51 AM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Some of the best times of my life was 29-34 years old!


ENJOY!!!!

2:29 AM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

Happy Belated Birthday, but I wished that already! I think.

7:03 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Happy Birthday! Catching up to me now...LOL

8:13 AM  
Blogger Prom said...

Happy birthday babygirl!! older isn't alway bad! (okay I can say that TOO others!)

Hope you had a great birthday sorry I missed it. I would have emailed you tons of happy birthday graphics (I get over excited about other people's birthdays)

Last comment ... I need sleep :)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home