Thursday, April 20, 2006

Random Thoughts

Last Monday, Chris decided that the yard needed uh... maintenance. We've been seriously lazy this past year. I've avoided the yard, because it looks like a jungle back there. That combined with the fact that Sasha has been digging holes like mad, made me want to forget I even had a yard. Nevertheless, we both went to work. He mowed the lawn, while I went about trimming back future beanstalks.I ended up have to cut down two trees that had sprouted near our brick patio. To leave them would have ruined said patio, so they had to go. I swear, my yard is tree haven. They sprout up everywhere. Both trees were far taller than I was, but I managed to cut them down with a pair of hedge trimmers. Don't ask me how I managed to do it. I got clean cuts both times. I do have to say, it's much nicer back there. I now hate ivy with a passion.

***************

Yesterday, the A/C man came over to fix a line he'd accidently drilled into when installing our furnace. I had mentioned that anytime we turned on the air conditioner, it blew a fuse. He set about fixing the circuit breakers so that that wouldn't happen. Meanwhile, Kade was working a major boss battle that he'd never been able to defeat before. He glowed in triumph, as finally, he had beaten the big bad guy. Unfortunately for him, that was the exact moment that the A/C man managed to trip the fuse. All Kade's work was gone when the electricity went out. He stared at the television in hopeless frustration, before a few tears managed to trickle down his cheeks. I felt really bad for him. He tried so hard. I gave him a hug and we both went outside instead. After a few hours, he attempted it again and managed to beat it within minutes. Then he saved the game, carefully set down the controller and asked to go play outside again. Kids are funny like that.

***************

My Chris thinks that calling me every ten minutes to make sure I'm awake is helpful. But really, it just annoys me. Then I go back to sleep.

***************

When we went to Disney World, I had left the two dogs with my mother. Mom is quite fond of Sasha. She likes Angel too, but Angel is too prissy for her. The result of this was that when we came home Angel went through a week long depression. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I couldn't get her to play or anything. I think she was angry with me for leaving her behind. She's back to her old self now. But I just took her to the vet to get her teeth cleaned. She was very anxious this morning. She crawled up around my neck, so that I had to literally pry her claws off of me. I hope she doesn't get mad at me for this, too. Poor girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Your Chris is so thoughtful;)



Chris
My Blog

6:37 AM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Sounds like you had a bunch of yard work going on. We need to do the same. I hope Angel gets through the teeth cleaning without much taking out on you. Dogs are so funny, such personalities they have!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Prom said...

I dislike yard work and people trying to wake me up...unless it's "gently" The phone ringing is NOT gentle! :)

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home