Monday, May 08, 2006

Sigh

As I walked out the door to go pick up my son from school today, I stopped short and thought, "Shit, forgot to put on a bra." Stay with me on this one, because this is where the logic gets all fuzzy. I reasoned that since I'd be in the car, no one would see me, therefore I could get away with it. So I went on without going back to trudge through my dresser. <---- Stupid.

I grabbed my soda, walked through the door, turned around, made sure the door was locked, then shut the door. That's when I realized, I did not have my car keys in my hand. The house keys are on the same ring as the car keys. This means, I was not only locked out of my car, but my house, as well. With no bra. And as it goes, no undies, either.

Okay, okay, I can explain that last one, too. I ordinarily do not go commando. However, I do love to wear form-fitting work-out pants. They're just comfy. The problem with these pants is that you can't wear normal underwear or you'll get pantylines. I didn't want to wear a thong, because I wasn't in the mood to have something up my butt all day... So I went without underwear, figuring, no one would see me, so who cares?

Except, I locked myself out of the house and the car. So I would have to face people in order to remedy this situation. Greaaaaaaat. So my non-happy ass walked the few blocks to Kade's school to pick him up. I stood outside for a good five minutes, then I realized, this still does not solve the key problem. It was at that moment that Kade's best friend's mother and grandmother decided to drive by, waving at me. Perfect. I waved back then crossed the street, eyeing the mothers cautiously for familiar faces. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, figuring that if I looked mad, people would be less likely to talk to me. Plus, I could sort of cover up the fact that I had no bra. Don't you just love my logic?

As it turned out, the secretary let me call my Chris from the principal's phone. I told my Chris that I had locked myself out of the house. This is what he said to me:

"Drive over here, I'll give you mine."

Don't you just love his logic? If I had the car, I would be able to get in the house, dumbass! Keys. are. on. the. same. ring. Somehow, I resisted the urge to screech and politely asked him to bring me the keys. He told me he'd send someone. Nice. Now, not only did I have to face the school secretary and the other mothers without a bra, but one of his employees as well. Lovely, I'm sure they're going to just loooooooove my style. Did I mention that it was warm today? That means that once I had picked up Kade and trudged home, I was then sweaty. Yummy.

From now on, no more commando days. And further more, I'd rather let them see my pantylines. What a shitty day.

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily Suess said...

You totally deserve an award for making it through a really cruddy Monday!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh, now thats a series of unfortunate events, you poor thing! I think you deserve at least a week of total pampering for such a bad day, get them boys working hard!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I am sorry hon. That has to be an uncomfortable day! But secretly, I'm laughing. I'm sorry honey. ha ha.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

It could be worse...
I have no idea what worse is!

4:32 AM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

OMG... you are serious, aren't you? Ahhh... what a day, huh? You'll look back on this someday and laugh. You tell it so well.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Is it cold in here?
Ummm you left your lights on.

Thanks for entertaining us with your misforturne :)

Happy Mother's Day

Chris
My Blog

6:47 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Lol WHew, You have warned me for my future if I ever do have kids. :x

Happppy Mommy's Day!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Embarrassing, awkward and just plain sucky. And all this when we least expect it.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing at your misfortune. No, I'm really not! (yeah right!) Would a cold day have been any better, though?
Judith

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home