Friday, January 06, 2006

Monster Sleepover

It all started when I retrieved three monsters from school today. Last I checked, I only had one monster, but alas, two more decided they just HAD to be at my house tonight. Mmm, okay. So I brought them home. There was one point where I actually worried that the upstairs floor would collapse, sending them plummeting to the downstairs living room. Man, those kids can jump. I can't even remember the last time I jumped up and down for no good reason.

Oh wait. Yes, I can.

Nevertheless, one monster got a little shy later on in the evening, deciding he didn't want to spend the WHOLE night after all. Eh, this happens. No worries. I told him that was fine. These kids have to ease into the idea of staying away from Mom and Dad for a whole night. What can you do?

The other one decided he just had to call his Gran and Grandad to tell them goodnight. I thought it was sweet so I let him. This is how the conversation went:

"Grandad? Hi, I just wanted to tell you goodnight... Is Gran there? Goodnight Gran! Let me speak to Grandad again... Uh huh, uh huh, goodnight!... I gotta go now... No really, Grandad, I gotta go pee now!"

Kids.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gannet Girl said...

LOL I remember one night when the panicked little guest's parents had turned the phone off so they could have a peaceful night's sleep in the absence of their child. I had to throw dh out of bed so she could sleep with me.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

LOL, I did this once. When I was 11,the parents of one of the kids down the street from our home had a camper and all of the rest of the kids used to go over and spend the night. Finally the kid with the camper asked me, and when I got there I got scared for some reason and went back home. I remember my mom having a conversation with the kids father, but I didn't ever find out what they were talking about.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe kids rock, love it though, gotta pee grandad! mweheheheehe

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

The things kids come up with - way too cute! :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Tawnya said...

My daughter did that one night after spending the night many times in the same place. I went and got her and on the way home in the car we talked about it and she said she just missed me. It melted my heart..... Tawnya

2:25 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

That is WAY TOO FUNNY! Out of the mouth's of babes. Kids do come up with the most honest comments at the darndest times. Thanks for sharing.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

How cute! I know what you mean about the jumping things. Just think how bad it sounds when 17 y/o 6'4" Brett is chasing or wrestling with Trevor upstairs!

Chris
My Blog
My BigOven Page for food & recipes

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home