Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Mini Ones

I can throw a temper tantrum like no one's business. Oh yeah, I can bring the goods. The chin quivering, the stomp, the rage, the pout... I've got them all in my arsenal. Those are all on reserve, however. And my arsenal has its fair share of dust collecting on it. I don't use it much. Logic goes a lot farther than any temper tantrum would. But that is not to say that I don't have many multiple mini-tantrums throughout the day.

I had one this morning. My Chris woke me up with kisses. I like waking up that way. He then gave me a backrub. I like waking up this way, too. So I mumble politely about the third way of waking me up, which is a footrub, but he wouldn't do that one. I'm pretty sure there were some muffled retorts in my pillow, none of which he heard. Or at least, he pretended not to hear. So I fell back asleep on purpose just so he'd have to wake me again.

And so he came back with kisses. No backrub, no footrub. So I kicked the bed, but then realized he already left the room. My little display went unnoticed. After stomping down the stairs, getting ready for work, pausing at the door to wait for him to notice that I was leaving, so that I could ignore him, I realized he wasn't noticing I was leaving.

I gave up. He'll never know I had a mini-tantrum and I'll just have to wait for that footrub. One could call it a draw. He's getting better at this. I should revamp my arsenal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I had no idea the third way was a footrub. I always thought it was massage, kiss, then......well you know;)

No wonder Alexis always gets miffed at part 3.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Linda S. Socha said...

Thanks for stopping by Psyche Connections and for the great comment. Love your blog....I will be visiting more
Linda

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home