Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh Crappy Day

Well, that sucked. Today was a wash with three people calling in sick, one getting testy with me, which I squashed in a no nonsense "I WILL NOT be dealing with drama today!!!!" attitude and a customer that threatened to call the BBB over a product THEY broke. Fun!

I don't like confronting people that I know I can verbally whip. I don't. It's sad and I always feel bad. On the other hand, I will not tolerate insubordination. If you confront me, it's game on. Do your job. It's not hard. Just do it.

So, sometimes, it feels like when you are at your moment when you feel like you will pull your hair out, an angel comes along to brighten your day. This kid walked in and asked for me. I glanced up, telling him I'd be right with him. I noticed his eyes. Such beautiful baby blue honest eyes, that spoke of such innocence and good-heartedness. And then I realized it was my cousin. I hadn't seen him in awhile, my he'd grown! And for some reason, I had to smile.

You don't see that much anymore. I mean I am an antisocial person. I admit it. I can be fine in my home by myself for days on end, never thinking twice of it. I don't want other people around. Mostly because the people I get to see on a day to day basis are assholes and lazy losers. But this one kid immediately made me feel better, only because I know how much of a good person he is. Man, I wish everyone were like him. I wouldn't be antisocial if everyone were as thoughtful and genuine as he is.

So, in the middle of my horrendous day, Levi made me smile.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a craptastic day too.

i fucking HATE retail.

HATE IT.


i need a mental health day, i swear.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Of course Levi's a good egg, he's your family...it's in his jeans!

Yeah, go ahead and boo me for that one!!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Chris: Aw, I'll never boo you. Hehe, glad to see you!

Heather: Oh don't I know it. We should swap stories sometime.

Ari

8:07 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Chris...blogging :)

I hate customer service somedays, but then there are some people who come in and make me smile and then I forget some of the bad stuff that happened in my day.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home