Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Art Of Living

Well, as of Thursday, I am no longer in my twenties. I've now met a new milestone. So what's different?

Not much. I'm still pretty vocal about what I believe in or my opinions. I'm still ready to perfrom verbal castrations at the drop of a hat. In fact, last week just re-affirmed the thought that I should carry a spare carving knife and thesaurus with me. Ya know, just in case I run into any more of those pansy yokels that try to bring me or my loved ones down. What can I say? You mess with me or my own, prepare for a fight. And I hold grudges forever, I really do. That's not really a maturity thing. I believe I will always be that way. It's part of my DNA. Yes, I have the "beat up the pansy" gene.

Now before I offend a bunch of people, I should say that I am not against men and that's not what this is about. I am against those pansies, men AND women, who do not possess an ounce of integrity, honor or honesty within them. Those are the people I'd verbally castrate. THEY ARE THE PANSIES. I'm so sick and tired of pansies running things. It doesn't matter where you are or what you do, politicking and "cliques" will always happen. It's sad that this is a part of the human condition.

All that being said, I had a great birthday!!!!! My wonderful non-pansy husband sent me flowers and cake at work. The consensus from my female coworkers was that he remains the best husband ever. I agreed, although I think they might have been a little biased, being that they said it with cake in their mouths. Oh well, I'll take it as true!

He then took me to dinner, where I ordered a white peach sangria. Ordinarily, I do not drink, but it was my birthday and peach sounded soooo good. I had to keep Kade away, because he kept eyeing the cherry and limes on the side of my glass. (As an aside, my Kade has gone on yet another health kick. He is now demanding fruit on my grocery list, as well as doing as many sit-ups as he can. I'm not complaining by any means; I just sometimes wonder if he truly came from my womb.)

I think that with the thirties, I am being brought into the "kick-ass-and-take-names-later" phase of my life. I'm not as uncertain or unsure of myself. The thing is that I caught myself thinking, "I just don't have time for bullshit like this," the other day. I thought about it. It's true. I don't have time to waste hemming and hawwing on bullshit. I'd rather tell it like it is and move onto more important things. Because I don't have forever. Yes, I know I'm not old by any means, but I could die tomorrow. And if I did die, I'd like my enemies to know that I think they're scum. But more importantly, I'd like to die with the thought that my loved ones KNOW I loved them as much as truly possible, that I did right by them as much as I could and that I was there for them.

At the end of the day, I either hated you with the fire of a thousand suns, or I loved you with more passion than any human could muster. It's those ups and downs that make life what it is. I never did want to be caught coasting in the middle. I want to know I truly lived.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You two are so damned cute (not in a pansy way though). And Kade is a riot, as always.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you do rock!
And those on the wrong side of the fence, I pity you, the whirlwind cometh!

2:45 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like you had a great time. Coasting through life is no fun, got to live life without regrets!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I know this is late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It sounds like you had a great one. If only buying a cake could be the answer to everything. Mmmmmmm cake!

Your already in that kick ass and take name stage. I thought that stage happens when a person becomes elderly. My grandmother would say things that would make my ears runaway.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home