Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Letter To A Man

There is so much I want to say. There is so much I have to tell, but I won't. In the end, it might hurt the very ones that need the help the most. It just hurts to see a man devote himself to a cause, sacrifice to this cause, do everything humanly possible for a cause, only to have the leaders of said cause turn their backs on him and dismiss him, as if he were not worthy of their presence. The worst thing is that he is not the only one who sacrifices. Those are made daily by people who ask for the truth, but receive nothing in return.

I know the truth. I just have to patient and wait, for I truly believe that everyone else involved will eventually know the truth as well. There are posturing, self-righteous, egocentric, self-serving men that will always seek to divide. And then there are men like my best friend, who will do the right thing, even if it means that it will be his downfall. So be it.

To my best friend, my husband, the one who makes me laugh, I say this to you: No matter what they say or do, your actions speak louder than their words. They aren't worthy to stand in your shadow. You will always be my hero. I would fight for you 'til the end.

Your loving wife,
Ari

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Did your husband get kicked out of the Patriot Gurard? I hope everything works out Ari.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I was hoping this was about someone other than Chris:( Volunteer organizations can really be fucked up by 1 or 2 power hungry, egomaniacs. You are giving the best support possible. That steadfast confidence in your spouse, the calm advice, and the pride you find in him. You guys rock!

Chris
My Blog

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great wife you are! If I read something like that from my wife, it would really put things in perspective for me. That is a great gift you have given him.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home