Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Magic Kingdom and Epcot

After eight or nine more hours of driving, we finally made it to our hotel. I wanted the Fantasia suite, but they gave us Mighty Ducks instead. Oh well, it was nice too. Our hotel had two pools, a laundry room, a cafeteria, a gift shop and an arcade. We were hooked up, seriously. The first night, Chris wanted us to relax as much as possible, because the next two days were going to be huge. Kade and I didn't listen to reason and went swimming instead. I am very happy and proud to say that after a traumatic pool experience when Kade was a baby, he did very well in the water and had gotten over his phobia a bit. This is huge, since during his toddler years, I had to literally fight with him to even take a bath. He feared water that much. I think this fear is fading and I couldn't be more happy about that.

We woke up early to catch the bus to Magic Kingdom. There are six different Disney theme parks if you count the water park (which we had no intention of visiting.) Our plan was to hit two theme parks a day. So we didn't go to Downtown Disney or Typhoon Lagoon. We were more interested in going to the parks with rides.

After we got to Magic Kingdom, we had to wait at the gates until the park opened. A train came by with all the main Disney Characters, Mickey, Donald, Minnie etc. They sang a song to open up the park and we were in. This is literally the first thing you see...




Here's Kade checking the map for all the cool rides. Isn't lovely how he uses my butt to prop up his map? Nice.


Kade meets Walt Disney and Minnie. He got right up there and sat on the statue's lap. Cute.


Around noon, the Magic Kingdom castle opens up and they start Cinderella's coronation. She is crowned a princess. All the other princesses come as well.


Snow White and her Prince. (What is his name, anyway?)


Jasmine wit the Fairy Godmother to her side. Chris was so fixated on Jasmine that I don't even know if we have Aladdin pics. Jasmine is pretty hot though.


Belle and the Beast in human form.


Splash Mountain. I didn't go on this one. I was wearing jean capris, can we say "chafed"? There's no way I was going to get them wet and end up being sore later. The boys loved this ride.

There's so much to tell, but I got a lot more to go, so I'm condensing this a lot. After all the thrills of Magic Kingdom, we went to Epcot for lunch. At three. I was starving. At this point, I told the boys that whatever country we hit first, we were eating at. Luckily, we hit Mexico first.

I have to say that Epcot has my favorite ride of all. It's called Soarin'. Basically they put you in these seats. When the movie begins, the seats come up in the air. The movie screen is all around you and it feels like you are flying. It's amazing.

Stupid me forgot to sunblock my cleavage. Who thinks to put sunblock there? So after spending all day in the sun, I had sunburned boobies. I thought I'd be okay, but a few days later, Chris worried that it might have been a second degree burn. It was truly bad. All blistered and nasty. My poor boobies! Anyway, I'm better now. But the side effect of this mistake is that I am now peeling like crazy. Yuck.

After day one of Disney, we were exhausted. We pretty much went back to the hotel and crashed.

To Be Continued...

Oh one more thing. We took 180 pictures along with video while we were there. I have no intention of putting every single picture up. Besides most of them were of Kade hugging the characters. Those pictures will be up at Kade's journal, Carl, along with his journal entries for this trip.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Loved the photos and the details of your trip! Glad you guys had such a nice time and good weather!

Chris

2:21 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Sounds like fun... but tiring.. and your poor boobies! ;p

Soarin' is a great ride. It originally opened at the secondary Disney park in California (California Dreaming?? can't remember right now). Anyway, we got the chance to ride it in 2002 when the show played Anneheim... It was awesome!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! I was missing you! I'm so glad that you're back, and totally jealous that you got to enjoy the Magic Kingdom! I miss Disney, I haven't been for a couple of years! I need to go again, for sure! I am loving all the pics, keep them coming, keep them coming. And sorry about the burned boobies, that is NO fun!

9:36 AM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

I had wondered what happened with you! I'm glad you were on vacation, and by the looks and sounds of it, you had a wonderful time! Glad you're back.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Glad your "Boobies" are okay. LMAO

I probably will never go to disney, but at least I get to see some pictures. Thanx for sharing.

Cool I didn't know they had ceremonies

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home