Friday, October 06, 2006

Now I Can Play





I am not average, damn it. Still, at least I'm not Cartman.

Awhile ago, I sent my Chris into a Sprint store to have him end our contract. I was fed up. They, realizing how complete and utterly douchey they've been, bent over backwards trying to get us to stay. They signifigantly lowered our bill, as well as giving us a few bonuses. What bonus, you ask? I'm talking walkie talkie bonuses. Yup. They gave us both new phones with walkie talkie action. In fact, they aren't even charging me for mine.

But really, all I want to do is go on about the walkie talkie aspect of it all. So the other day, my phone came in the mail. My Chris set it up. Unbeknownst to me, he set up a link between his phone and mine. So I'm home alone, I walk into the kitchen, spot the phone and decide to play around with it. See if I could take pictures, that kind of thing. I picked it up, my thumb hitting a button on the side of the phone. The phone gave out a few beeps, while I stood there stunned.

Suddenly a "Yeah? Are you there?" comes out of my phone.

I flip open the phone and respond, "Yes, I'm here."

"Are you there?"

"Who is this? Did I accidently dial a number?"

"Ari, are you there? You have to hit the side button to talk."

So I hit the side button, "Hello?"

"Pretty cool, huh? We don't even have to call each other on our phones. You can just hit that button and talk to me at work."

... Oh... oooooooooh this is precious! The ideas! I have to tell you, I am smitten with the walkie talkie action on my phone. Sometimes I just hit that button to see if he's listening. He always is. He came home from work today, rolling his eyes at me. You see, he keeps the phone hooked on his belt, but his customers can't see the phone. So he'll be helping a customer when suddenly, "Are you there?" comes out. His customers, not knowing where it came from, start trying to look over the counter, as if he's keeping a midget down there or something. This is the coolest phone EVER!!!!

One of these days, I'm going to hit that button and say, "Can you hear me now?" Or better yet, "Hey, it's hot in here. Let me out!!!!!! There's no room in here! Stupid tightie whities!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That cracks me up! Our family has Nextels and the other day Princess decided to beep my mom and she just started talking into the phone "grandma!" "grandma!" well, no answer so we just drove over to her house to get what we needed. As we walk in the door my mom is on the treadmill and says "you know, it's the strangest thing - I SWEAR I just heard Princess yelling for me not five minutes ago" We never told her what happened, just let her think she is losing her mind! ROFL

10:57 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

lmFao! OMG!
Ahhhh the tears...
I know...send him on an errand, in the store...jus think of the possibilities...

Peace

5:06 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't stop picturing Chris with his midget behind the counter....

oh my....

Love your last idea!

Chris
My Blog

9:51 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Ari you have me dying over here. I bet my neighbors are wondering what I am laughing about.

Maybe I should go in, and threaten to leave. Then again, when I went to renew my contract, all of the employees in that store were to busy blabbering away with each other to even notice me.

6:46 AM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

OMG! That's great and totally too funny! You'll have a blast with it.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home