Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ice Queen

I awoke yesterday freezing. It was like a sliver of ice had lodged in my spine and refused to leave the entire day. No matter what I did, I couldn't get warm. I know it's autumn and that it's supposed to be colder, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to get cold so quickly. Especially since last weekend, I got burnt being out in the sun. So I'm freezing with a sunburn. Makes no sense.

When Chris came home, I gave him a hug. My arms wrapped around him, my fingers grasping against his back. He jumped about two feet.

"Your hands are like ice!"

Heh, sorry. Later we snuggled under the blanket. For some reason, we always have to have a body part touching. When we sleep, we either spoon or make sure the other person is there by touch. Usually, it's our feet. So I moved my foot over to his. He jumped again.

"Your feet are cold!"

Yes, yes they are. I put socks on. I made a giant cup of coffee. I got out a blanket. I still froze all night long. My son wore shorts. Not once did he complain. The boys are radiators and I'm an air conditioner. Unfortunately, no one wants an air conditioner lying next to them in the cold winter months.

I'm so not ready for winter. I just want to be warm, again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Are your hands and feet like that every winter?

I'm not looking forward to the weather change, because the weather becomes crazy in Rochester. sigh!

I wish it were spring year round.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You and Alexis both....what is it with you guys sticking those icicles on our feet at 2:30am?


Chris
My Blog

9:09 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Our temps dropped a good 20 degrees over the weekend, they're even predicting snow in the higher elevations around here! It's too soon, if you ask me.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home