Friday, September 22, 2006

Don't you know? It's Survivor night!

My husband's assistant manager makes roasts in a crockpot on Thursday nights, just so she won't have to cook on Survivor night. It's a damn good idea; one that I haven't employed, yet. I might have to start using these strategic tactics, because the whole world connives against me on Thursdays.

Let us look at how this day went:

Thursday, Sept. 21, 2006

7:15 woke up and took kid to school

7:30 surfed the internet, went to goldrush, lamented that no new challenges were open

11:30 began a vigil, waiting for that damn challenge to open, only to realize it doesn't open until two in the afternoon.

11:31 gave up on vigil

2:15 picked kid up from school, only to have another child situate himself in the back seat. Damn... I totally forgot about that playdate. It's okay, it's okay, I can still do this.

2:30 ran over to Missouri to pick up cigs, only to find that they no longer carry my hub's brand. I called him from the tobacco store. He actually asked me to check three other places. It's okay, it's okay, I can still do this.

2:45 somehow managed to wrestle the last carton away from an ornery truck driver in the gas station. I beat you, buddy, fair and square.

4:00 get a phone call from mother of the other child, asking me if it would be all right if he stayed longer. How much longer?! Until 6. Okay okay, I can do this, it's still before Survivor.

4:30 call mother to do the every-other-day-gossip, only to get her answering machine.

5:15 started dinner.

5:30 hub tells me those are not the right kind of cigs. I tell him he can either enjoy those or lose out, because they don't make his kind anymore and I'm not about to go over to Missouri again!

6:15 check my son's school bag, only to find a note from the nurse telling me he'd broken his glasses and she'd DUCTTAPED!!! them back together. After checking the arm of said glasses, I found that sure enough, they were broken.

6:20 called the optometrist to see about new glasses. They ask if I can bring them in before eight tonight. Crap! I only forty mins til Survivor, the food is still cooking, the mother has not come to pick up her son... It's okay, it's okay, I can still do this. If I hurry, I can make it.

6:23 mother calls back, I tell her I can't talk now.

6:30 arrive at the optometrist, only to have her tell me she needed to order new frames. The lens were fine, but she realized she didn't have any of his frames in stock to switch them out. Thanks a lot, lady.

6:45 arrive home, check dinner, inquire as to the whereabouts of the other child. They assured me his mother had come to get him, but knowing my hub and my son, that kid could be in Cuba right now for all I know. But you know what? I'm not even going to worry about it, I have fifteen mins until Survivor!

7:00 finish cooking dinner, hurry the boys through prayer, rush into the living room, plop down ready to watch my favorite show...

7:01 "Mom, I have tons of homework tonight. Three pages of math homework and a spelling test to study for." Are you kidding me!?!?!

7:45 Okay, we got the homework done. I got to watch most of the show through intermittant glances at the television. Now I can enjoy the last fifteen minutes in peace.

7:46 "Did you do the laundry? Because you know we're leaving this weekend and I have to have clothes to pack..." Ignore him, ignore him, ignore him, ignore him.

7:47 Whimper, moan, growl. Sasha is not getting in this room for another thirteen mins. Deal with it.

8:00 Survivor is over. I can be all to everyone now!

8:01 "I'm tired, I'm going to sleep," says hub. "I'm gonna play before bed," says kid. No one wants to snuggle, so I let Sasha in.

8:10 Sasha is bored of me and wants back outside.

I give up, people. They only want me when I am busy with everything at once. I give up. I need to get Tivo.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't it funny how that works? whenever you have something you must do, (and survivor is a must, right?) everyone else needs you too.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People don't really want your attention. They only want you to not give your attention to anyone else.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duuuude, I hate days like that! I'm tempted to make a special Char Survivor just for you to watch at your leisure.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

This sounds like an everyday mom thing.

I need to get Tivo.

Or a VCR.

Tivo sounds best though!

Your post reminded me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer cooked a pig (mmmmm pork) and some how Lisa (out of anger) pushed it away.

It's just a little dirty, It's still good, it's still good.

It's just a little wet, It's still good, it's still good.

It's just a little airborne, It's still good, it's still good.


LOL

3:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Laughing my ass off, Ari! The sad thing is, I realize that this sounds like you wrote it to be funny but you didn't. You wrote it how it really happened.

I don't know about you, but I don't really even notice that the teams are divided by race. I just know who I like and who I don't like.


Chris
My Blog

9:08 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

Isn't that just the way it goes!?! Seems like when you're not trying to hurry to get everything done, no one bothers us, but have five things that have to be done now, and everyone needs you for something else! Murphy's Law!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Survivor started already?!???!!??? Where have I been!??!??!?

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home