Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I just can't take me anywhere.

Yesterday, I ran over to the Soldier's and Sailor's home after picking Kade up from school. I figured, since it was right there, I could take over the packet of info that one of the vets had asked for. No problem, right?

So I walked into the infirmary and headed towards the nurse's station. I didn't want to disturb anyone's nap, so I had to be sure he'd be awake. She said she'd just spoken to him, that he was up and about here somewhere. I walked down to his room, but he wasn't there. So I just left the packet on his bed.

As I walked out of his room, I noticed a door leading straight out to the parking lot. How convenient, right? So Kade and I headed that way and pushed open the door. That's when the alarm sounded. I froze in my tracks, as an eerie "ee ooh ee ooh ee ooh" sound pulsated all around the building. I frantically looked about, setting my eyes on the housekeeper, who rushed our way with a grin on her face.

"I didn't know I couldn't go out this way," I stammered.

"Oh, it's all right. We needed a little excitement, anyway," she said.

I hung my head in embarrassment and shame, as I realized that I had probably disturbed tons of naps and rest time for the vets. I apologized profusely, as she tried to set the alarm, again. But there was a problem. She couldn't get the code to work. So that sound just kept going and going. Finally, an administrator came over and told her the code.

"Yeah, I know. That's what I put in," she said.

Great. I broke it.

"Here, let me try."

He punched in the code and suddenly the alarm stopped. Still, someone could have put a firehose to my face, it was so hot. Totally embarrassed. I apologized again and made my way out of the OTHER side of the building. As we walked along, one of the vets put his hands on the wall, as if he were being arrested.

"You got me! The jig is up! Take me away!" he joked.

This shit only happens to me, I swear.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you made someone's day with it, though, so there is a bright side. ;)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Actually...

That posts makes me feel so much better. I'm glad, that i'm not the only one who gets into these types of situations.

Now off to bed, I have been up since 3:30 this morning, messing with my other blog.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duuuuuude! Man you are not alone ya know, clutzisms are the funk that binds the universe together, hehe. Still, you made that guys day!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what hon? you probably made their day--:] don't worry, we all have "oops" days, every once in awhile--hell i have them ALL the time :]
♥ xo

9:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

my face, it was so hot

my my, aren't we modest? (ha ha)

I hate when that happens and there is no way to avoid the stares of the masses.

Chris
My Blog

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home