Monday, June 05, 2006

Six Digits

The other night, Princess Bride came on tv. My son had never seen it. I told him how great of a movie it was. He sat with me and watched it. Those of you that have seen it, know of Inigo Montoya.

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!"

Now I haven't seen this movie in awhile, but this actor kept nagging at the back of my brain. I knew I had seen him somewhere recently. That's when it finally dawned on me. This is the lead agent, Gideon, in Criminal Minds! Good show, btw.

The very next day, I saw a young woman wearing flip flops. Her feet caught my attention. I couldn't figure out why they looked strange. But who am I to talk? I have strange looking feet, too. Still, there was something different about them. That's when I noticed. She had six toes on one foot! My first thought was Princess Bride! My second thought was, Good for her. I'm glad she didn't let that get in the way of wearing flip flops. I'm glad she wasn't self-conscious about it. You know, that made me feel better about wearing sandals with my ugly feet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily Suess said...

I cannot tell you how many time my brother and I have quoted that line from Princess Bride. Great movie! You have done your son a great favor by exposing him to it!! :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

yes, good for her!!:):):)

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great movie :) Also, feet.... evil ugly things I detest, mine are like the bit God forgot to sculp and just lumped the left over bits from an Elephant on there.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

I have funny looking big toes. I only wear flip flops in the house as house shoes.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 toes on one foot? Good for her!
J~

12:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

and I thought you were supposed to try to get the 7 digits.....

Alexis used to hate her feet too. She called them "baby dragon feet".

Now....prepare to die!

Chris
My Blog

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home