Saturday, June 03, 2006

Faces of the Patriot Guard

I had lost almost all my pictures from Memorial Day, but one of the other riders was so sweet, in that he sent me some. The first is my favorite for obvious reasons...


Kade looks on, while the names of fallen soldiers are read during the Memorial Day service.



Chris and Kade wait to ride out to the parade site. That's Max's van leading the way.


That's Linda from Wal-Mart posing with a PGR Vet, as she sits on a motorcycle for the very first time.

The next set of pictures are from the funeral of PFC Caleb Lufkin. No shots of the family or friends of Caleb were taken, as I did not wish to impose on their time of mourning. I took over 250 photos. It was hard to choose from them all.


This is the plaque that Chris presented to his family.


The Soldier's Angels


Kade gives a thumbs up at the staging area for the ride.


I got a few of the Patriot Guard riders to smile for the camera.


Max looks on, as people file down the street to hold the flags.


Andrea Zinga's husband takes a moment to rest, camera by his side.


Chris walks the line.

I'm going to shut up now and let these next pictures speak for themselves.








Jessie from Hy-Vee stands on the line.




Family and friends are surrounded and honored by the flags of the Patriot Guard at the cemetery site where Caleb was laid to rest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Beautiful, Ari, simply beautiful. I am so proud of you, Chris, Kade, and all of the Patriot Guard.

Chris
My Blog

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Powerful images Ari...Thank you for sharing with us...Here in CT, we just recently had a funeral for a young soldier...

These pictures are just resonate..

Peace
Jo

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, those are some very moving pics. Thank you for sharing them.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home