Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bob the Builder ain't got nothing on me

I haven't been posting entries as much lately. So what have I been up to? Well, I have just gotten into the wonderful world that is scrapbooking. Man, this is addictive. Most of our pictures are on cds since we have a vast array of many different digital cameras. It's nice to get them printed out. It's even more fun to decorate them. It's almost like decorating a blog with backgrounds, borders and ... well, uh, pictures! So yeah, there's that.

The other thing I've been up to is getting Kade's room done. Now granted, that just took one Saturday, but still. I now know how to build a bunkbed. Want to know how? Ok, let me tell you.

Step 1: Buy the bunkbed, then run the reciept to husband so that he may pick it up on his way home from work.

Step 2: Wait patiently as the husband carries the bunkbed parts up the long staircase.

Step 3: Nod your head back and forth, shuffle your feet or swing your arms and hum while husband organizes all the bunkbed parts.

Step 4: Hand husband various pieces of wood when asked, then pretend to hold it while he drills the screw.

Step 5: Remind the husband to make sure the boards are straight BEFORE drilling when they are straight, then after he yells that he knows that, refuse to remind him when they aren't straight.

Step 6: Ask for a lunchbreak.

Step 7: Confuse him as to which side of the bunk has the ladder.

Step 8: Remind him how hungry you are.

Step 9: Direct him as he puts the top bunk on the bottom, then step in at the last minute and pretend you were helping him hold it the whole time.

Step 10: Stand back and admire your work. After all, you worked so so hard.

And that's how you build a bunkbed. Who knew it was so easy?!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahha thats awesome, and it is the BEST and most accurate description of DIY I have ever seen. You should write a book to pput these bos straight on the do's and do not do's. hehehe yay

6:44 AM  
Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

Scrapbooking? SCRAPBOOKING? Oh, noooooo, Ari! We've lost you to THEM! Please don't forget about us when you're lost in all the pretty papers and stickers and doo-dads, okay?

And I am going to get Mr. Brady to read your DIY instructions. I think you'd give Bob Vila a run for his money!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Heeeeeeey, that's the wife's instructions on how to put together a bunk bed. I was looking for the husband's instructions. (LMAO) That was hilarious.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Ahhh Yes....Please go sit and relax all that work...I think you should go to a spa now!

Hee hee
Peace

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I feel lazy after reading that! -winks-
And welcome to the addiction called "scrapbooking!"

11:04 PM  
Blogger Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

Glad to see you're back! Scrapbooking? Sounds fun, but scary! I've always wanted to do that. Just a bit worried it will take over my house lol.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You crack me UP woman. Your instructions were better than the ones that came with the bed huh?

Chris
My Blog

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home