Tuesday, January 31, 2006

On hiatus

February... it's just not my month. Three years ago, I lost my unborn son. I remember standing at the window of the hospital, watching the rain. I thought, you know, it was the perfect weather for the day. I liked hearing the thunder as I fell asleep that night. It mirrored what I felt inside myself. The next day, the nurse brought me a decorated tray, all done up with heart napkins. They even put a valentine on there. "Someone loves you..." I was too numb at the time to be upset about it. I remember smirking at the thought of it all.

I don't do Valentine's Day. I don't want to see hearts, I am not going to get caught up in Valentine memes or any of that. In fact, I'm kind of burnt out. I'm taking the next month off. I need a break from this for awhile. Those of you that sent me stuff for That's So Wrong, I promise, I will put it all up when I come back. And I'll still be around, you know? I just need some "me" time for awhile.

Anyway, I luff you guys. I'll miss you.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

luff you too. Its not a good month.
I'll see you of course, but it'll be sucky without seeing you here. But yeah, take it easy and I am in like Flynn come March, some rocking stuff to read once Spring comes I fancy.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Emily Suess said...

Take care of yourself!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

We'll all be thinking about you and will have a warm welcome for you when you return. Hang in there, lady.

Much luv,
Galen

3:06 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Totally understandable! Take some time for yourself and return to us when you can... We'll be here waiting!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Abadiebitch said...

Will be here waiting when you get back..

9:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I have found that bloggers need to follow Chicago's advice:

Even bloggers need a holiday
I heard her say
Far away from the one's that we love.

We will miss you, Ari. Enjoy your break. But don't be surprised if Omar and I roll your "house" while you are on "vacation", ok?

Chris
My Most Recent Entry 1/30/06
My Blog

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((((((Ari))))))))) I will miss you and I'll be patiently waiting for you to come back. Lots of hugs, girl, take all the time you need!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

We are here...You take care of you!

We luff you too!

Peace
Jodi

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time, energize your mind, feed your soul, flex your emotionns and most of all... acheive the balance that has got you rattled. We will be here for you. Julie

5:09 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Take care Ari, I'll miss you. Can't wait until you come back.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

my love and friednship is always here for you.
Take care of yourself and do what is best for you.
Warm hugs your way.
judi

8:23 AM  
Blogger Prom said...

I love you and my thoughts are with you and sending you strength to get through this. You know I've been there.. so you know there isn't an emotion you're feeling in this tough time that I can't relate to.
take my hand! Just hold on tight!
I'll miss you.. and pray!
Love,
Promise

7:46 PM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

(((((Ari))))) Take all the time you need. I too lost an unborn son, long ago. It took me years to even be able to talk about it. Thinking of you...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

I'll miss you, but am glad you're taking time for yourself. Will be thinking of you.

Big hugs

~ Lori

10:30 AM  
Blogger Angelia Rian said...

Ari,you will be missed... But take all the time you need... We'll all be waiting patiently for your return... *big hug* When you've healed enough, we'll all be here...

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home