Friday, January 20, 2006

He brought it

My Chris came home from work early yesterday.

"Would you make me some coffee?" he asked.

"No, I will not. Make it your damn self," I said as I went to make him coffee.

After a few minutes, he came back inside the house and asked, "Would you come help me load the bike into the trailer?"

"No! Load it in there yourself!" I said, as I put my shoes on to go help him load the bike onto the trailer.

"Hand me those bungee cords," he said.

"No," I shot back, as I handed him the bungee cords.

"You're seriously going to get it, Erika."

Oooh, he said my full name.

"Bring it on, old man, bring it on."

I saw him raise to his full height, his back to me and slowly turn around.

"Old man, huh?"

Now, I'm not going to explain what happened next. I don't even know if I can explain it, as I believe the events of what happened next made me lose a few brain cells and left me in a mind-shattering-I-think-a-part-of-me-died-floated-up-and-touched-a-piece-of-heaven state.

And now I know why Michelangelo painted Adam in this pose:


That's what touching heaven feels like.

I might have to not make his coffee for the rest of the week. We'll see how this goes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

DadGUM, Ari! That one curled my toes.

You need to check out Wed. Jan 18th's entry on my blog... I immortalized you and Chris for exactly THIS reason.

You are my hero (or heroine, in this case).

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, this is an awesome entry, hehehehe you got his number alright! sweeeeeeet

2:39 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Geez... I feel like I need a cigarrette... And I don't smoke!! ;p

5:20 PM  
Blogger Prom said...

All I can say to this is WOOOHOOO!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun story.... now please pass the Ciggy & Martini my way!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home