Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dopplegangers and defying gender roles

While going through pictures today, I was yet again, made aware of the two versions of my Chris. There is the summer my Chris and the winter my Chris.

The summer my Chris shaves his head to be cooler. By cooler, I mean less hot and not more hip. The effect of shaving his head makes him look meaner. I call this look the "Stone Cold" Chris. You can see the resemblance for yourself.











Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs. My Chris



Don't get me wrong, I don't think my Chris could ever take down Stone Cold in a battle, but he'd have you believing he could, if you asked him.

Then there is the winter my Chris, who curiously enough, also has an alter ego. I call the winter look (which is the version he is in now) the "Alan Jackson" Chris. And also, I must note that my son, Kade, is in this picture, as well. His alter ego was "Cupid" Kade back when he was two years old. Sadly enough for me, he grew out of this phase. Let us look at winter my Chris while we simultaneously mourn Kade's golden curls.

Alan Jackson Vs. My Chris

You see what I mean now? I can't really say which one is my favorite look, as I think he is handsome no matter what. *bonus suck up points for me* But I do have to say, it's pretty funny watching other people's reactions to the summer my Chris. For some reason, people are terrified of him. I think this is hilarious. Why? Because while others may be intimidated of him, my Chris has been known to utter the phrase, "I wear the pants in my house... until Ari gets home."

This is actually an ongoing joke between the two of us. We think it's funny to turn the tables on each other. I can't count the times that in a disagreement, he has declared that if I don't back down, he will take me to the bedroom. And he can't count the times I have told him to sit there, look pretty and let me do the talking. To us, this is hilarious.

We defy gender roles daily. Sometimes he is more dominant and other times, I kick ass and take names later. Give and take, people. That's what it's all about.

7 Comments:

Blogger Prom said...

LOL "I wear the pants in my house... until Ari gets home" I love it!
Great entry!
Luv ya,
Promise

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

Looks like they could be brothers. Chris looks great both ways, but I think I prefer the Alan Jackson look.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think Chris looks like Stone Cold gimme a 'Hell Yeah!' hehehe Stone Cold and Chris rock, whatever their guise.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

Well, if worse came to worse, I guess you could always put him to work in the celebrity imitator business!

11:00 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Well, regardless of the look, I respect a man who truly understands which half of the whole is the real boss.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

You mean there are gender roles???Hell shhhhh dont LET Jerry know that!!!
Ya know gotta be careful letting out these little secrets Ari, the Union may be upset, and you know their(men) Union is looking for evidence we even have one! Shhhhh..

Hee hee...Yes we have this I am in charge thang. Of course we are more selective...depends on the who the what...and then when we both dont want to deal with it...Kinda play the hot potatoe game.

Awwww Kade and his curls...Too cute!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yes, Mistress Ari......and we thought you guys just liked leather wear just because you were bikers:x

Chris
My Most Recent Entry 1/13/06
My Blog
My BigOven Page for food & recipes

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home