Sunday, January 15, 2006

Chuck E. Cheese

I just woke up. I'm exhausted, but it's a good kind of exhaustion. It's the kind of exhaustion that happens when you drive to St. Louis and all the surrounding areas, take grandkids to Chuck E. Cheese, then drive home. It was great.

Yes, they call me Grandma. I don't even mind it. In fact, it's so cute when they do it. We had all five of them, plus Kade. I'm TIRED. But I got some great conversation pieces to relate to you guys. We call the oldest, Kayla, K1 and Kade is K2, because even though he's her uncle, he's younger than she is. She lets him know this. Lil Brandon is B2, because his father is B1. Are you confused yet? Ciera is C1, while her sister Caitlin is C2. And then there's Andrew. I suppose if you think about it, I could be A1 while he could be A2, but none of them call me Ari, so we just call him Andrew.

Car conversation:

B2: Hey Kade, scoot over!
K1: That's not Kade, that's K2, because I'm older than him.
K2: You may be older, but I'm still your uncle.
B2: Yeah, but you're so little!
K1: Oh yeah, the only reason you're taller, Brother B, is because you got that big ole afro goin' on.
K2: What's an afro?
B2: Shut up, my hair looks good. I AM lookin' good. I was the best looking baby out of all of us. Just ask Grampa, I'm his favorite.
K1: No, you're not! I'm the favorite! You can just call me Beautiful. That's my new name, Beautiful.
B2: Yeah? Well, I was the biggest baby when I was born. I weighed nine whole pounds!
My Chris: That's not a baby, that's a bowling ball.
B2: See? Grampa loves me. That's why he spoils me so much.
K1: He spoils me too!
K2: I don't have school on Monday! It's Martin Luther King's birthday!
B2: I don't have school, either.
K1: Me neither, but no one does, because that's the day everyone observes Martin Luther King's birthday! Did you hear me? Ya'll better OBSEERRRRRRRRRRRRRVE!

That's about the time we had to put an Eminem cd in so that the kids would quiet down a bit. There is nothing more relaxing then hearing three kids rap the same lyrics over and over. I thought Kade was the only kid that loved and knew all the words to that one particular song that makes fun of Michael Jackson, but I was wrong. All three adore that song. It must be a kid thing.

Ciera and Caitlin are far more dainty and reserved that K1, K2 and B2. They're the youngest. I think they just haven't found their voice, yet, but when they do, watch out. Andrew is a doll. Everytime he won tickets, he'd come show me, and I'd refill his little cup with tokens. I was surprised at how outgoing he is. This was the first time we'd met him, but it was like we'd been visiting him forever. What a sweetheart. C1 and C2 were a bit more shy, but I figure, now that we know how to keep in touch with them, that will eventually fade.

All in all, we had loads of fun. LeDonna never fails to crack me up. As soon as I get the photo, I'll show you. I hope they took the photo! All the kids were on the couch waiting for their picture, my Chris decides he wants to be in the picture too, so he lays across all their laps. LeDonna (B2's Mom) put her finger near Chris' butt, making it look like she was going to poke him. Suddenly, without warning, Chris leapt off the couch, asking the kids, "Were you going to spank me or something?!" He has that butt radar. He knows if something gets near his butt. LeDonna and I laughed our asses off.

I can't wait until summer, so we can take all the kids camping. Right now, though, I'm tired. So, I'm gonna go relax... No Eminem songs, though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily Suess said...

Kids' conversations are the best. I wish I could "observe" but I'll be working. :)

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I would loved to have been listening in on that! What an awesome selection of comments, they do so rock!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

he he he omg that was the funniest conversation even if you did need a playbill to remember who was who:)

Upchuck E Cheeze is a parent's worst nightmare, huh? Speaking of which, the last time we were there, some kid puked in the tubes and we felt so bad for the poor teenage minimum wage kid that had to crawl in and clean it up....

Chris
My Most Recent Entry 1/15/06
My Blog
My BigOven Page for food & recipes

1:53 PM  
Blogger Prom said...

I must admit A1 that I'm so confused as to the who's who... but it was funny either way.
Luv,
P372 LOL

12:31 AM  
Blogger Tawnya said...

Sounds like a really fun day.....Tawnya

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home