Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kade's Acting/Singing Debut

I have exactly 26 minutes to get this entry in before I miss a day. It's been a long day, but I have to get this all out, because tomorrow will be devoted to something else.

"I'm going to be famous," he uttered from the backseat.

"Oh you are, huh?"

I looked in the rearview mirror, only to catch a glimpse of pride and something else. What is that? A gleam? In his eye? A twinkle? Yep, there it was.

"I've memorized my lines."

"Let's hear it."

"Gee Hound, I know you're feeling blue. Don't you have a friend or two to help stop you feeling blue?" he recited, with all the right sympathy in all the right places.

"Very good!"

"People are gonna know who I am. I was already famous once when they put my picture in the paper, you know."

"Uh, yeah. They put your whole class in the picture, Kade. Not just you."

"Oh I know, but it's only a matter of time."

That was three days ago. Tonight was Kade's big premiere a.k.a. the second grader's Christmas Play at school. My Chris set up the tripod in the back, then went into cameraman mode and began rushing up to the stage and back to get the good shots. Strangely enough, no one minded. In fact, a few people asked if they could have copies of it.

I stood in the back and managed to get jostled around by the other mothers that had camcorders, but weren't as adventurous and bold as my Chris to actually run up to the stage. So instead the jabbed me out of the way to get a better view. I got a few pictures in. Most of them were blurry. Nothing like getting jabbed to make you lose your grip on the camera. Crazy mothers.

And Kade did so well. He patted Hound on the shoulder and said his lines with perfection. His speech teacher is going to be so proud. The funny part was that Kade was front and center of the group. He made sure to emphasize each part of the choreography (which was mostly made up of simple hand gestures.) It's really cute. If I ever figure out how to get video on here, I'll feature it.

As we got into the car and went home, he reminded us, "I'm going to be famous now."

Sure, kid. Whatever you say. Just don't forget us little people when you make it to the top.

5 Comments:

Blogger BosieLadie said...

Kade sounds like quite the character! I love his confidence. I would love to see his video, his premiere, sounds like lots of fun!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

Be sure you get him to autograph a program for you, Ari! Years from now, when he's quite famous, you can auction it off on eBay and retire! ;o)

Congratulations on the big acting debut!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think Kade is a great kid! I loved this entry because it sounds so much like Trevor. I can't believe you didn't bitch slap those other mothers.....I'm disappointed in you (ha ha ha)

Chris
My Blog
Click here for recipes & food stuff

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe yay! he is the best, man I bet he was awesome, rockity rock!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Rock On, Kade!! LOL
Adventures of an Eclectic Mind

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home