Friday, December 02, 2005

No one is listening



I made that cartoon this morning. I think it best sums up how I feel at this moment.
Thank goodness I woke up early enough to edit this entry without anyone having commented in it yet. I woke up so early, I was awake before the sun, which NEVER happens. That was a first. For once, I took Kade to school early and he got to rib one of his friends for "beating him to school". Crazy kids.
I'm kind of proud of myself. Kade, like his father, likes to get to places early. They don't understand the concept of "fashinably late", no matter how hard I try to explain it to them. So today, he had an extra good morning. Which makes up for Tuesday, when he had an extra bad morning, being that we were fifteen minutes late for school. It was his first tardy in three years and boy did I hear it for that one.
He gets upset if his perfect attendance is blemished. Yeah, he's THAT kid. Super competitive kid. He doesn't compete with his classmates though. He only competes with himself to see how much better he can do. Which is good, I think. It makes him a hard worker. But sometimes it's bad, because if he doesn't live up to his own expectations, he becomes very frustrated and irritable... like someone else ... Sigh, yeah, like me.
Sometimes it's shocking and astounding to see yourself expressed in miniature form. Quite an eye-opener.
There was one time, I was driving back to the Quad to visit relatives. Some idiot started to pass me, but had to rush back into my lane, being that there was oncoming traffic. I slammed on my brakes, then heard a tiny voice from the backseat, "That son of a b****! Who does he think he is? I've had it!"
Yeah. Three year old Kade mimicking a twenty-something Me. I totally let him get away with that one because... that son of a b****, who does he think he is?!

11 Comments:

Blogger Angelia Rian said...

That's pretty much how *I* feel about AOL's (lack of) response... And it's frustrating me to no end... It's become a ritual now to mail off an e-mail I'm fairly sure they'll never read... And I'm becoming increasingly nasty in those letters... I don't like that... I don't like being a nasty person (though I do nasty *way* too well)... Some days, I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall - but I'm too stubborn to give up... *wry grin*

5:22 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

yes... this is a good cartoon. This all sucks. I love your template, and how did you get your adorable pink panther? Very cute. Hang in there....

5:23 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I came back to read again after you were done..........
of course the last bit cracks me up:):):)

5:28 AM  
Blogger Galen Brannagh said...

HAHAHA! I have been guilty of that one... way too many times to count. Especially in traffic.

Let's see. I was driving once and some "friendly guy" cut me off. Before I could stop myself, I exclaimed, "Prick!"

The adorable four year old voice in the back seat echoed, "Prick!" then giggled hysterically.

Out of the mouths of babes...

6:58 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

"Sometimes it's shocking and astounding to see yourself expressed in miniature form."

Cool...I never looked at it like that before. No wonder my mother wants me to have children, because they would be just as difficult as me.

7:41 AM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

LMAO!!! Cartoon awesome, and it's cool how you call it the "Quad". Too cool.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cartoon, Ari! And I'm cracking up at little Kade!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cartoon speaks the truth, pay heed to the toon!
And that son of a b****, he got what he deserved, a good tellin off!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Emily Suess said...

Love the cartoon!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

My friend's son's name is Kaden, but we call him Kade.

True story: I was babysitting my cousin's 3 yr old daughter once and I gave her this little pink purse for her bday. I took her for icecream and as I was rifiling through my purse for my wallet, she looked in her purse and said: SHIT, I forgot my card!

Like mother, like daughter. Or maybe she learned that one from me.

Kris

2:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Great cartoon!

I liked your observation about seeing yourself in your kids. I think about that often.

You KILLED me with the "road rage Kade".

Chris
My Blog
AOL Journal
Click here for recipes & food stuff

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home