Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Back to it

Yes, I'm back to raging at AOL.

You'll have to excuse my temper, but I do not allow people to treat me this way. I sure as heck am not going to let a greedy money-hungry company do the same. And ya know what's the worst? AOL preaches it's excellent customer service. I have never been treated so poorly by a company in my life!

They make a special email address to address our complaints. If there were only 23 complaints, why would they have a need to make one? We are assured by every AOL person we've contacted, that they are "elevating" our complaints to "the right folk", but when asked for a statement, they say they've only received 23 complaints. What a crock. I know more than 23 people complained multiple times using the Journal Changes email address. Not to mention, the amount of people that called in their complaints, or that spoke with live help to complain, or that decided to write in using snail mail, or that complained on the message boards, or in Joe's and Scalzi's journals.

We have a right to demand answers. They owe us that much. We deserve it, we're the ones being crapped on in every imaginable way.

We poured our lives into those journals, only for AOL to slap a banner on there, trying to make money off of it. There are people that have since passed whose journal is now defaced with that ad. My son has a journal so that he can learn to write. Why wasn't I asked before someone put a match.com ad above my seven year old's words? AOL is trying to use us.

But I won't stand for it. I won't stop until the executives that made this decision come out of hiding to address us. Maybe it is a useless battle, but for me, it's worth it. I'll continue to fight as long as those ads are there.

I refuse to let some big company try to intimidate or ignore me or my complaints. I'm better than that. I've been loyal to them for years and this is how they treat me? I am going to keep shouting from the rooftops. Maybe someday, the executives at AOL will take their heads out of their asses long enough to hear me.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

100% agreed, this is evasion and sickening disdain for their salary payers at its very worst. There is NO valid reason, NO excuse for making money out of people's lives, hopes and dreams. Nothing can justify the imposition, it is pure greed off the backs of other's talents. Disgraceful in every way. AOL does not exist without subscribers, so to treat them like filth is incompetence at its worst. Still, I am sure there are fingers in pies and stomachs getting overfilled at everyone elses expense. Rotten little scoundrels.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Joe left a entry in his journal on Monday...

* Ad Banners:
Nothing new to tell you. We're working on displaying disclaimer text, but everything I see says the banner ad isn't going away.

7:03 AM  
Blogger journally yours, gem said...

Hi Ari,
there you are. Love your pic wow..beautiful brown curly hair!
well..finally figured how to get my entries to blogspot website!
I am still working on it..I'm looking for the sidebar where I can add blogspot journal links.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Gem :-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

There you are! I thought I had you on my bloglines alerts and I either didn't or am blind from being so darn confused trying to find everyone lol. Darn AOL all to HE**

Wanted to stop by & visit your new place (looks great btw) and say thanks for all your encouragement. It means a lot to me my friend! :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Get the hell off my roof you crazy woman and stop all that shouting! Can't you see it's after midnight, for pete's sake?

Hey look......she's wearing buttless chaps and has snot on her chin!

11:05 AM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

When you unleash the fury, you're always on point.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

we have got to keep making noise. No way was the number 23 correct. They are hoping we will get tired and go away.... let's not make it easy for them.

1:44 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

23. ROFL. In what alternative universe? Geez. At least make it a reasonable number. You know, like 93. The only thing I hate worse than a liar is a stupid liar. But considering this is America Online, I shouldn't be surprised at either one.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there was 23.... the first hour! I concure with you, I want the advertisements gone! - Julie - http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

2:22 PM  
Blogger ~Rebecca Anne~ said...

23 complaints? That can't be possible. Where did you see that or hear that?
I haven't given up my battle either. Although I couldn't all but leave my journal, gawd knows I tried, I am still writing, still begging and pleading for answers and at least some choices in the matter..........
23 complaints, thats just crazy!!

4:42 PM  
Blogger ~Rebecca Anne~ said...

Can I just mention I'm getting rather frustrated at the moment? I went on a jealous fit type writing moment on Chris's journal, thinking he was the one with the amazing music, just to discover it was your journal actually. Now, it won't download the mp3 song again, like I was listening to earlier that I LOVED.

Ya, thats right I'm still techincally challenged. I can't even figure out how to ad links in my journal.

I'm here to stay for the evening, if I can ever get the music to work again.......listening to it while I write in that thing, you know, the novel fluff!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home