Sunday, November 20, 2005

Breaking down those walls

I've come to a few conclusions. First of all, this blog looks far more professional that any of AOL's blogs. And I like that I can go into the template and make things how I want them to look. Second of all, I am keeping the alerts for all the journals that didn't move off of AOL. It's their decision and that's cool. If I can trek over there to see theirs, then maybe they will come here to see me. I've also decided that I'm not deleting my old journal. I've made it private and I think I will keep it that way. I just can't destroy something I've worked so hard on. So from now on, it will only be for me. And this blog will be for everyone else. I'm not going to give up the fight to get rid of the ads, though.

I also remember that something good always comes from something bad. This was sort of a wake up call for me. Being funny is nice and great and all that, but for me it's become my wall. If I'm funny, then I can joke about myself without anyone criticizing me for it. But that's hardly a thing anyone courageous would do. In short, I've sort of become a coward with it.

Yes, I really am self-centered. Yes, I really do have a wicked temper. And there's quite a few people that I've left in my wake, when it comes to that temper. I'm not proud of that. And lately, I've been falling back on old habits. But that's not all there is to me. So maybe, this move was good, because it made me see that now I can start writing about me. All of me, not just the funny parts. I can stop hiding. Maybe let my guard down for a bit.

I can write about Erika.

And maybe, just maybe, I can figure out more about her as well. I'm starting to think that life is about finding who you are, where you fit in to this big ole universe. Don't worry, I'm not going to get all profound. I guess, more than anything, this entry is a caution sign, a warning of sorts. I'm not always going to write about funny things. I'm going to have to let more of myself out there. Some may not like what they see. And that's okay. I just don't want to be scared to put myself out there anymore.

That's all.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great entry Ari. Life is an adventure yeah, usually a groovy one, but sometimes even our funniest words cry when they think no-one's watching. You rock, and the blog looks rock a doodle awesome.

11:33 AM  
Blogger BosieLadie said...

I'm here, I'm here! I'm so glad I found you!!!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ari I just want you to know that I put my journal back on private too and I am behind you 100%. I think that it is wrong for AOL to put banners on our journals too. so keep up the good fight
love and kisses to all of ya
your favorite Auntie

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jod{i} said...

Ahhh Ari...it is working. Everything. We are coming into our own arent we??? Gee I hope my post didnt offend..Wasnt meant to.
I am digging the fact that I can mess around with html and make it mine...the music works now! Woohoo!
And they do look nice dont they? Every single one of our blogs looks GREAT!!!!!!!! It is more personal!!!!
I look forward to Erika and a side of Ari...

BRAVO!
YOU JUST MADE ME SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT ALL THIS!!! YEAH!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hey as long as it makes you happy it shouldn't matter, because it is your journal. I don't post funny entries all of the time either.

4:52 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I was thinking about the exact thing. Being there so long, I think all of us got pigeonholed. People expect the same thing when they visit: funny and perky or whatever, so there really was no room to spread our wings without disappointing someone.

I am liking this fresh start to turn my place into something it wasn't, what I, at times, wished it were over the last two years.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I wrote an entry over on the AOL Journal about finding the good things in a bad situation also... Things are calming down a little, but we need to continue to voice our displeasure over those ads!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

5:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMFG....I just spent the last hour hand writing an entry about us getting pushed out of our comfort zone and how this is a good thing.....
You were reading my pork butt mind!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

First of all, I am really *feeling* this entry...

Whether it be in my private life or in my old AOL journal,sarcasm is a defense mechanism of sorts I have always used to deflect any attention off of myself. It can make for a funny entry, but I have a lot of 'seriouso issues' I'd like to tackle with my Blogger journal that aren't going to be funny either.

Wanna be un-funny together? LOL I wish you well in your pursuits in blogger:)

~Kris

12:21 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

yes.... we are trying to figure out all the good that can come from this as well.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

how did someone so young get to be so wise!
yes, good does come from bad. just remeber it is all about timing.
I agree with you, I am liking the look of this blogspot....now to learn how

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home