Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Why'd they have to go and do that?

This really sucks because I had a weekly stint going on where people would send me funny things and I'd put them on my blog for shits and giggles. I did this on Wednesday. Today's Wednesday. And here I find myself at a new blog. There's a few familiar faces out there, but I can't help but miss all of the old crew.

AOL did more than try to turn us into whores, putting advertisements on our personal journals, trying to make money off of our writing. They upset a community. It feels like we're broken, fractured. I just want all of us to be together again.

Heh. It sort of feels like we graduated high school and are now going our separate ways. I'm going to try like mad to keep that from happening though.

I don't get to my "That's so wrong" entry today. So instead, I'd like to give a huge thank you to Char, Omar, Chris, Chuck, Rebecca, Judith, Julie, Celeste, Cyndy, Astaryth, Penny and so many more. Thank you for reading my old blog. There's a lot of people I'd just met. Just because your name isn't here doesn't mean that I won't miss you too. I will. I am going to make it a mission to find all your new blogs.

It would be nice if it didn't come to that. It would be nice if AOL would take those ads down. Until they do, I'll be here, being pinkalicious and all that. I have to stand my ground on this one. I won't be exploited for someone else's gain.

I already miss you guys!

7 Comments:

Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I still cannot believe they did it and are not listening. Lets us all know where things stand I guess. judi

8:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

But at least here you don't have to worry about TOS issues with your that is so wrong series. Yay!

I need my TISW fix:(



Chris
http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

8:38 AM  
Blogger Angelia Rian said...

I'm going to re-post what I posted in Omar's blog, as it bears repeating:

Angelia Rian said...
Keep in mind, the Internet being what it is, location doesn't mean much... We can still maintain a community if we *want* to... It is laziness that causes people to drift apart on the 'Net... {Example: "Gee, you're not on AOL anymore and it's just too much trouble to bookmark your new journal outside of AOL, and read and comment there..."} Though I have decided to leave AOL for good (for a number of reasons, cost and crappy service the top two) I still intend on reading my friends journals, whether they stay on blogspot, move back to AOL, or go somewhere else entirely... Community, is ultimately what you make of it...

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd read your stuff if you scratched it on the surface of the moon hon, rock a doodle doooo

11:04 AM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

You still rock. Wherever you go.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I was just starting to read your journal too. Now I guess we both get to start from scratch so to speak.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Well with any luck on our parts the next corporate bigwig whore mongers wife's new face (bought courtesy of the remaining J-land whores) will fall off faster than Michael Jackson's nose. Oh I hate this those muthas have ruined things for me. I don't know how to navigate this place, I fear losing people and that pisses me the hell off. AOL jerkoffs!!! GGRRR I'm spent now must have a nap, lol. Glad to find you here.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home