Saturday, June 19, 2010

Somebody's Messing With The Gene Pool

Recently, I used the word "facetious" to my coworkers. They all gave me a strange look, then one of them had a realization. "Oh, she's speaking french, again," they said. Sometimes, I have to wonder if I belong at this job.

Someone asked me for a wireless cable this week. Uh, yeah.

Playing family feud, the question is: "What is living in your home that doesn't pay rent?" I tried mother, father, sibling... no none of those were on there. Four people actually had the audacity to say mold. Really? Is mold that big of a problem that you would include that over your mother?

I realize I'm an idiot for even watching this show, but I just cannot help myself. Why is Olivia Palermo even still employed at Elle? I mean, really. She does nothing. She contributes nothing. She is snooty as can be. She's not that cute and she really needs to eat something. Maybe that's why she has such an acidic personality. I sincerely hope she never breeds or reproduces asexually. I have a feeling one day, she just might divide in two and then we are all doomed.

It's one thing when you are texting and you use emoticons or textspeak. It's another when you are actually speaking, using your mouth and throat to produce sounds. Do not actually say "OMG or LOL". It makes you sound ridiculous. Especially when you say, "ROFLMAO." Sigh. Is it possible for humans to de-evolve? I submit that it is. The neanderthal is making a comeback.

Lattice multiplication is not real multiplication and should never be taught to our children. It's a lazy man's way of getting the right answer, but somewhere along the line, children will need to be taught the correct way to multiply double and triple digits. I do NOT go along with the thought that "As long as they got the right answer, it doesn't matter how they produced it." YES IT DOES!!!

Memo to Lady Gaga: You are not Madonna. Why would you even want to be? Knock it off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get people telling me I use $20 words. I think I understand this post. ~Mary
ps having been by in so very long.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Ari said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home