Monday, January 18, 2010

Hard Workers Never Win

I honestly believe that the more of a hard-working person you are, the more work you'll receive. The more you give up, the more they'll take. The more you want to change things, the less opportunity you will be given to make it happen. I think I have become cynical.

I am fed up. I am miserable. I have given everything I can possibly give to this company. They don't care. I am replaceable and I know that. I wish I didn't need this job. Maybe someday, after I have moved on, I will write about all that I have seen and witnessed. It would make lawyers turn on their heels, hr reps shake their heads in shame... I almost have to laugh, because those that use sex to get ahead... well they end up getting ahead. Those that just work for a paycheck, are consistently late, refuse to be a team player, they are praised. It must be me, then. I must be the oddball one, because I will never be like them. I value myself more than that. I wish someone would see that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a blogger, but I HAD to comment on this because I know exactly how you feel! I myself believe in honest hard work - and there was a time when I believed that it would pay off and I would be in a better situation for it. However, I too have become cynical because of this company I'm enslaved to. What you say is absolutely correct! Unfortunately, it IS the hard workers that do get overlooked. My question to the Presidents of these companies - where's the incentive to be a good employee anymore? .... Maybe this exact situation is why there is no good service anywhere these days - no one cares about their job! And why should they when there's no benefit of being a "good" employee vs "bad" employee? Corporate America is a lottery machine of money and greed and the only people winning are the Suits! I want to be successful, but at what expense? I refuse to act against my moral beliefs and I salute you for sticking to yours. It's a cynical world - all we can do is hope for the best, prepare for the worst and hope there's such a thing as good Karma. Good luck!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

I can tell you some stories that go on at my job! Stuff I've heard saw, jaw dropping stuff.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home