Thursday, December 24, 2009

Trudging Ahead

It's been a tough week. I don't think I have ever truly felt like a grinch during Christmas, but this year, I guess I would nominate myself for that title. It's not one I would be proud of, trust me. Three deaths and two funerals this week, one was a double funeral, for two little sweet angels. I just can't seem to pull myself out of the muck.

Kade put up the tree by himself this year, because I was working so much and to be honest, I couldn't get myself to do it. I bought him some special sweets and we watched a movie together. We are making plans to choreograph that "Down" song by Jay Sean. I have no idea why.

I guess I am ready for 2010. It has to be better next year. Good things will happen. I have to believe that. I guess I have just never had such a horrible year before. It seemed like we had a perpetual cloud over our heads. Well, I for one, am ready for the sunshine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That was us in 2008. The tree went up just days before Christmas.

This year went much better. It was very relaxed and we were actually ready. As ready as you ever are.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home