Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Let's Talk About Sex

Oh, come on. You knew I'd get to this eventually. I'm only surprised I haven't spoken up about this before. At the start of my day, my Chris called to tell me he needed clean socks. Clean socks, he says, I could do that. The key word is could. Maybe he forgot who he was talking to. So of course, I waited until the very last minute before he came home to start it. I cleaned the house, hemming and hawwing about, cleaning anything that wasn't laundry. That's when I realized... it's Tuesday.

The rest of the world maybe waits until Wednesday, it being hump day and all. But not Chris, because he is too impatient. So Tuesdays it is. So I cleaned the house for nothing. Because on Tuesdays, he would never notice anyway. He only has one thing on his mind. Do you know how much energy I spent cleaning and procrastinating on laundry?! And now it's Tuesday?! At this point, I was fatigued.

He was pretty forlorn. With the puppy dogs eyes and everything. I'm a sucker for that. It all plays into my ego. So naturally, I started negotiating. I can't do everything at once. If I'm going to get all that laundry done, we'd have to be quick. He doesn't understand the meaning of that word. So I told him, clean socks or sex. This is the point where the gears of his brain started grinding together read hard as he actually pretended to consider the options. And I knew exactly what he was thinking. His slacks go down to there, his work boots go up to here... No one will notice if he's not wearing socks.

Needless to say, it's two-thirty in the morning and my laundry still isn't done. Who needs socks, anyway?

13 Comments:

Blogger Jod{i} said...

lol....Never give the "CHOICE" as you have just witnessed..It never works..and still have laundry..

(I like the entry you did...about the "s" word...Like it was a mission! Too funny)

3:57 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

LOL... I'm with Chris! It's summer, I wear flipflops and sandals.. who needs socks!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And he didn't have to do either by hand! Excellent!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

I would choose sex too, I can always buy a new pair of socks. LMAO

9:23 AM  
Blogger BlogOmar said...

Now we know who actually wears the socks in your household.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choices made all round. He's gonna socks you up goooood.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Alexis is out drinking wine at a neighbors house tonight so I will have no clean socks tomorrow but I won't care....I'm getting "super-lucky" when she gets home tonight.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... win-win all around! Socks schmocks!
J~

8:01 AM  
Blogger Tawnya said...

At least you get sex, Doug has clean socks all the time....poor me

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just testing.

Ari

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Testing

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we stilllllll talking about sex? Okay. I can roll with that. It's all good. Yup, certainly is.
J~

8:13 PM  
Blogger Bedazzzled1 said...

LMFAO @ Jeff's comment!!!

Loved this entry.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home