Thursday, October 22, 2015

Yearly Check-In

Aw, man. I long for the days I use to have, when I could come here whenever I wanted and just write, write, write. I work too much for that now. When I do get time off, I'm all about my video games.

Even so, I thought I'd do a check-in. It seems I have been coming back once a year, so we'll just go with it for now.

My last post talked about losing Sasha. My sweet girl. Well, about a month after Sasha passed, we lost Angel, too. She wasn't the same after Sasha died. One morning, my husband went to wake her up and she just wouldn't wake up. Strangely enough, the vet confirmed they both died of pyometra. It hit Angel so fast. I had just groomed her the day before and thought she seemed a little lethargic. The next day, she was gone. I believe it was because she was just so tiny that the infection just attacked her quickly.



She was my sweet little baby and I miss her so much. 

Life, however, goes on. I now have two new dogs that crack me up. We decided to go with boys this time, so we will never have to worry about pyometra again. We got Bode shortly after Sasha passed. He loved Angel, but she did not love him. He is a sweetie, but he's nervous of everything. 


Kade is the only person Bode will snuggle with. Yes, that's really Kade.


Here's Bode looking all worried.

He is a pure-bred Shar Pei, even though he doesn't look all wrinkly. We've had him for a little over a year and wouldn't you know it? He got really sick. He looks really skinny in the second picture. That's because he stopped eating. The vet did a surgery on him, because she thought his colon was collapsing in on itself. It wasn't, but he cannot eat certain fats. So, we now have to make him specially made low-fat dinners with protein shakes to keep his weight up. I know, low-fat seems contradictory, but he cannot absorb hi fat content. 

After having Bode for awhile, I missed snuggling. And then along came Remy...


Kade may say otherwise, but this little guy is mine.


Except, he isn't so little anymore.

My lovebug Remy, he'll come when I call. He's constantly resting his head on me. And he's got those sweet droopy eyes. How can anyone not love him? He's not the nervous nelly like Bode. While Bode looks more like the Chinese version of Shar Pei, Remy is the American verison, all wrinkly.  If I had to give them personalities, I would say Bode is the English gentleman, while Remy is my country boy. 

Wow, I come back to do year-in-review and end up talking all about dogs. Well more importantly, there is also Kade, who is now in his senior year of high school. This kid has surpassed me in knowledge and likes to prove it to me, daily. 


This picture is actually a year old, but it's hard to get the kid to stay still for a snapshot. This is before he cut off his pretty curls.

I work for a great company that I am not going to say for my own personal reasons. I am very spoiled at this job. I get to work from home, which is awesome. My work attire includes pajama pants and t-shirts. My husband has also switched gears and now works for elderly people as a home health care aide. All in all, we are happy, healthy and really, what more could you ask for?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home