Saturday, August 10, 2013

Things I Don't Understand

Why do women pay money to have their nails done? And why would you pay $20-50 for this service? If you break one nail, boom, money down the toilet. Don't get me wrong, some of these nail jobs are gorgeous. I'm just not about to go waste money like that.

How do large families survive? I know families that are making the same income I am with tons of kids and they seem fine. I, however, have just enough money to make it and I only have one kid to worry about. If an unexpected issue comes up, I'll be doomed. I don't frivolously spend money, either. I just don't get what I am doing wrong. There must be a secret I don't know about. And why can't I win the lottery? It's my turn, already!

Why is it that I can store puzzles neatly and perfectly with no one touching them for years, but when I get them out to put it together, there will ALWAYS be one piece missing? I bet there is another dimension where all missing pieces go, along with missing socks.

Why is it that during the work week, I struggle to fall asleep at night? Come Friday at nine at night, I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Not fair!

Why is it that my husband can be diagnosed with diabetes, get medication for it and end up losing fifty pounds?! Hello, Doc, over here! Sign me up for that medication! Alas, my sugar is far too low. So, I am too healthy to get help.

Why don't people leave sharks alone? I once went to a tourist trap along the eastern coast. In this store, they had jars of baby nurse sharks in formaldehyde for sale. Why?! How could people do that? Why is this legal? What if those were baby dolphins? Would people feel the same? Why is it okay to do that to sharks? Ugh.

Why is it that my husband can cook up any culinary treat for breakfast, including crepes, but when it comes time to make a casserole, he loses all comprehension? Why am I always the one stuck doing casseroles?

Why can't I think of a good closer for this entry? Hmm... the world may never know.







3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lol. The world is a very funny place.

8:32 AM  
Blogger |åƱȩȠȡȅɍ ȶῢⱠⱡⱣž said...

The world indeed is very funny. I'm loving your one entry a year thing you've got going! Lol :)
And I love getting my nails done! For as long as they last, at least they look good.
As for big families making it work on a little income...I guess we'll never know? Thrift shopping maybe?

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manganito Kubayan ang FIlipinas passop! Ang information....

Babayon cagayan ang sapito pulat minganan sit yop! Ang Filipinas #1...sigue, sigue para information.....

-------------------------------

*Chemical trails produce ill effects on human health and both the governments of the United States and Canada should cease and desist regarding this serious and grave matter.
---------------------------------
Astoria, NY 11103, USA
http://pedromillan.blogspot.com/

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home