Sunday, May 27, 2012

Reality Check

Hmm, I haven't written here in almost a year. Crazy how time flies. The truth is that I've been working steadily and haven't really given the time to write. I am only taking a moment now to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

So what's new? Well, I started a new job. I am pretty happy with it, so I am refraining from speaking of it, lest I jinx myself. My son will be a freshman this upcoming year. This is the same child that once started a journal of his own, named Carl. (I had told him to give his online journal a name, so he named it like a pet.) Now, he woos the girls at school by singing solos and by being his utterly hilarious self.

I am still here in the same city, venting to anyone that will listen that Hollywood just cannot get an original thought. I still despise Paul W. S. Anderson and Milla Jovovich for ruining Resident Evil. I still adore Pink Panther. And I still have a dizzying addiction to video games that would rival Christian Bales' addiction to being an all-around douche. Life is good.

One thing that has changed is that I hardly ever watch television anymore. With the saturation of reality tv, it's become a joke. There's never anything good on. The people they give these shows to are boring and uninteresting. The shows that aren't reality are clichéed versions tv shows that have already run their course. How many friggin' doctor/lawyer/police shows can one person watch? Besides, my life is amusing enough to be a sitcom of its own.

So that got me to thinking... what if my life were a sitcom? Well, first of all, it'd never be able to air on any family-friendly network. When I am home, I tend to run around in over-sized t-shirts and undies. My husband and son never wear shirts, unless they are leaving the house. So, unless it's a network that can tolerate lots of skin, it'd never air.

Second of all, I am not sure how people would take us. My husband can get swept up in survival mode. What I mean by that is that at any moment of the day, he will be making survival kits or crafting some way to keep us safe just in case the "SHTF." (Shit hits the fan.) I have no idea why he does this. No, let me correct myself. I understand why he does it, I just cannot believe he gets so involved in it. It's one thing to store a few extra items just in case. It's another to research how to build a home-made bunker. Just sayin'. Sorry, babe, I don't think I'll be using that alcohol-soaked toilet paper roll you shoved into a coffee container to use as a home-made stove any time soon.

Also, the situations I find myself in, while amusing to me, may not be amusing to the masses. Yes, people would get to see me roll my eyes when my employer decided to do tornado drills complete with the kneeling-on-the-floor-head-in-hands on the one day I decided to wear a dress. Or the many instances where I misunderstand what people are saying because I cannot hear very well. Adele has a beautiful voice, I just cannot understand a damn thing she sings.

And then, there are those times when even I have to do a sideways glance and say a secret prayer, thanking the heavens that no one was watching. I think that's how it would be if we were on tv. I'd spend the entire time hoping no one was watching, because there are only so many times you can watch a person trip/sneeze/fall/forget or do something completely idiotic before it just becomes intolerable. Such is my life and I'm loving every minute of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

I'm thinking that's why I didn't go see the last two Resident Evil movies.

I watch a little TV. I can't stand "reality TV". I do love Person of Interest. Don't get me started about music.

I'm happy you've found a better job. I'm still stuck in the same place. Wanted to learn bookkeeping, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Happy Memorial Day :)

6:07 AM  
Blogger cheapsacbags said...

Plus tôt, blancs montres en céramique pour les Chanel Sac femmes étaient très populaire parmi les célébrités et les personnes liées à l'univers de la mode. Ces montres ont été considérés comme epensive et ont été produites avec la plus haute qualité que l'on pourrait trouver dans une montre. Cette tendance, toutefois, a maintenant changé. Avec blancs montres en céramique pour les femmes deviennent moins epensive, les femmes de plus en plus à travers le monde choisissent de porter ce. Et il ya beaucoup de fabricants de montres en lice pour leur attention.The plus célèbre d'entre eux sont des montres de Chanel. Cette marque est connue pour produire des montres de haute qualité depuis de nombreuses années et est associée à la qualité et luury. Chanel a commencé à fabriquer blancs montres en céramique pour les femmes dans les années nonante en retard et leur modèle de poing a été la J12 de Chanel Sac Chanel Coco. Et même après toutes ces années, ce modèle est encore parmi les favoris et a beaucoup de montres de la demande over.Chanel monde ne sont pas seulement utilisés par les femmes pour être montré comme un garde-temps. En fait dans un autre but de la montre est de servir de bijoux et un accessoire de mode. Chanel est une marque suisse utilise la meilleure technologie pour obtenir la performance maimum de toutes leurs montres Sac Chanel 2.55. Les montres sont très précis, beau à regarder et une classe à part watches.Ceramic autre en tant que matériau est un choix etremely bon pour une montre comme il est robuste, ne perd pas son éclat au fil des ans et est léger dans la nature. Ces propriétés en font un matériau céramique très attractif pour la conception de montres Sac Chanel. En fait, blancs montres en céramique pour les femmes ont longtemps été la fureur parmi l'élite sur tout le world Sac Chanel Tote.Chanel a beaucoup de modèles dans ses montres en céramique blanche pour la gamme de femmes, mais la meilleure partie est que chaque modèle est unique à sa manière. Le cadran et la lunette dans chaque conception est différente et d'une beauté frappante et quelques-unes des montres blanches en céramique ont un soupçon de noir en leur donnant les montres un regard tout à fait étonnant. La plupart de ces montres ont aussi une conception d'or orné autour de lui donner une plus look.However epensive, ces montres ne sont pas que epensive comme elles semblent. En fait, je possède environ 2 de ces montres que j'ai acheté pour quelques centaines de dollars chacun. Le meilleur endroit pour acheter ces montres est de l'Amazonie. Non seulement ils ont une section entière consacrée à montres en céramique blanc pour les femmes, ils offrent aussi des rabais énormes le long avec la livraison gratuite.

6:42 PM  
Blogger texasalarm said...

Thanks for sharing this useful information.



Also click on these keywords :-- Home Security | home security alarm | ADT Alarm Monitoring | ADT Security Service | Burglar alarm systems | Home alarm | ADT Wireless Alarm Monitoring | Wireless Home Security | Wireless Home alarm | Americas Ultimate Security | Home alarm Monitoring | Home Monitoring | security System | alarm system | adt texas alarm | Security Monitoring | burglar alarm

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home